Anyone who says that you can only eat sweet potatoes in the fall is wrong. Yes, they're essential to a Thanksgiving meal, but there is so much more that you can do with sweet potatoes than just serve them mashed with butter. No matter the season, my motto is to eat as many sweet potatoes as possible. If you love this veggie as much as I do, then these filling sweet potato recipes are perfect for you.

1. Chipotle Sweet Potato Tacos

Spoon University

I know, sweet potatoes and tacos are probably one of the combinations that you never imagined eating in one meal. However, these tacos are top notch. Just think about it: biting into a crisp tortilla filled with black beans, gooey cheese, and sweet potatoes. You can even top it with some cut up avocado. The best part is they only take 15 minutes to make. These tacos are the perfect meal when you want to make something fast yet delicious.

2. Sweet Potato Gnocchi

gnocchi, meat, chicken
Ethan Cappello

I've always dreamed of traveling to Italy to enjoy some homemade pasta (who hasn't?). However, you can skip the long trip and enjoy this sweet potato gnocchi filled with sweet potato right from your own home. Make it for a group to impress everyone with your cooking skills.

3. Cinnamon Honey Sweet Potatoes

sweet, tofu
Wallis Linker

These cinnamon honey sweet potatoes are the ideal side dish for your dinner. All you need to do it cut up sweet potatoes and cover them in olive oil, cinnamon, honey, salt, and pepper. Once you have one, you won't be able to stop eating them.

4. Sweet Potato Hummus

dairy product, cream, sweet, bread, vegetable, meat
Spoon University

Hummus is an essential, at least in my meals. This hummus combines sweet potatoes and chickpeas to create the perfect dish. Dip whatever you want in it: veggies, crackers, or maybe even pretzels. Here's a ranking of foods to dip into hummus if you're looking for some inspiration.

5.  Sweet Potato Noodles

sauce, spaghetti, pasta
Alixandra Rutnik

Most people know about zucchini noodles (zoodles), however, were you aware of sweet potato noodles? These noodles aren't only easy to make, but a blast to eat. You can keep it simple and top your dish with salt, pepper, and olive oil, or you can add a fun sauce—I recommend avocado pesto sauce.

6. Sweet Potato Bacon Mac n' Cheese

vegetable, penne, spaghetti, sauce, macaroni, pasta
Analiese Trimber

This amped up mac n' cheese is perfect for an easy going, cold night in sitting by the fire. The gooey cheese will bring you back to your childhood, while sweet potatoes and bacon bring the dish to an entire new level. If you really want to go crazy, try out some pasta alternatives that will blow your mind.

7. Chicken-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes

tomato, avocado
Saleyka Calvillo

These sweet potatoes stuffed with chicken are healthy and delicious. Top off a steaming hot sweet potato with chicken mixed with tomatoes and avocados. Make this quick meal for yourself after a long day at work and you'll definitely be satisfied.

8. Loaded Mashed Sweet Potatoes

parsley, rice, meat, vegetable
FoodBeast

These aren't your ordinary mashed potatoes—these loaded mashed sweet potatoes are a must. Basically, they have everything but the kitchen sink in them. Don't be intimidated by the many ingredients, it's worth it. Make this for a group and, people with go back for seconds (or thirds).

9. Sweet Potato Chili Cheese Fries

pork, beef, vegetable, sauce, meat
Jessica DiFoggio

Imagine dipping crisp homemade sweet potato fries into chili covered in melted cheese. This is perfect for a movie night or a party with friends. You can amp up the flavor if your looking for a bit more kick with some spices.

10. Sweet Potato, Kale, and Chickpea Bowl

kale, vegetable, broccoli
Megan Prendergast

If you love kale, then you'll love this dish. Make this sweet potato, kale and chickpea bowl and feel amazing (because it's super healthy), yet full. This is the perfect meal for anyone hoping to eat their greens, but feel stuffed at the same time.

11. Sweet Potato Lentil Soup

sauce
Sarah Silbiger

Is there anything better than eating soup on a freezing cold winter day? Indulge in some sweet potato lentil soup. Add some Parmesan cheese and oyster crackers on top, and you won't regret it. You can even freeze this soup and eat it later in the week. That's a win-win. 

12. Sweet Potato and Brie Empanadas

sweet, gyoza, ravioli, bread, pastry, dumpling, flour, dough
Julia McKellar

These empanadas stuffed with brie and sweet potatoes are one of my favorites. One bite, and the cheese and mushy sweet potatoes will be oozing out. This filling meal is perfect to serve at a party. You'll impress everyone with this amazing snack.

13. Sweet Potato Casserole

cake, cream, chocolate, pastry, sweet
Hui Lin

Who said that toasted marshmallows are only for s'mores? Well whoever does, is very wrong. The best part of eating sweet potatoes is the excuse to eat toasted marshmallows. This sweet potato casserole allows you to eat some marshmallows while still having a filling meal. 

14. Apple Bacon-Stuffed Sweet Potato

chicken, sweet potato, potato, beef, vegetable, pork, meat
Spoon University

Apples, bacon, and sweet potatoes. What does this sound like to you? To me, it's basically a dream meal. The warm apples and crunchy bacon match perfectly inside of a steaming hot sweet potato. If you really want to take it up a notch, make sure that you know how to cook the sweet potato perfectly.

15. Loaded Sweet Potato Skins

avocado, guacamole
Maddie Cole

Potato skins are good, but, let's face it, sweet potato skins are better. They are even better dolloped with some sour cream, guacamole, and sprinkled with bacon bits on top. Just cuddle up by the TV with a few of these, and you'll be set for the night.

Sweet potatoes are essential to everyone's diet. After trying a few of these sweet potato recipes, you will never doubt a sweet potato again.