Raise your hand (and glass) if you have ever had an alcohol related injury. My friends and I have had some fairly traumatic alcohol caused incidents: from a broken arm to a strained neck, we've seen it all. Or so we thought. 

This is a game changer. Ellen is first off, all of our life goals even when she's drunk, and secondly, a verified lightweight because this happened after only two glasses of wine. 

Because Ellen is funnier and more eloquent than I am, I'm going to let her paint you a word picture of what happened to her. 

We've already established that this drunken hijinx only improves Ellen's rep, but what can we learn from her experience? A lot actually.

Have a Drinking Buddy: 

Friends don't let friends drink alone. Ellen was with her wife, Portia DiRossi, when she got hurt, and her life was legitimately saved by Portia. JK it was just a finger injury, so Ellen would've been fine if she was alone, but you get the picture. 

Own Up to It:

So you got white girl wasted, sent a few drunk texts and ate one too many quesadillas. Just be honest and admit that it happened. We've all been there, and no one will judge you for it. 

Ellen told a national audience that she broke her finger because of wine, and over 440,000 people tuned in to watch the video later. Because it's relatable, it's funny, and it's real. So just say it. 

Continue Living Your Life:

Don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang. Ellen didn't let her broken finger stop her from doing the Ellen Show, and she was a complete rockstar. 

This is possible in real life too. My broken arm friend (who shall remain nameless) continued going out with her arm sling and got some fire Instas out of it. No matter what your drunken mistake is, don't let that stop you from living your best life. 

So basically, Ellen is queen, with or without full functioning fingers. Try to drink responsibly, but if you have a crazy night out, embody Ellen and keep on living.