I love being abroad in London. My days are filled with afternoon tea, Pret sandwiches and some of the best Indian food I’ve ever had, nights filled with Sunday Roasts, beers at my local pub and delicious take out.

Even though the food here is amazing (don’t listen to those stereotypes), there are some food/drinks that I cannot wait to get as soon as I get off the plane at home in less than a month.

1. Cold Brew

As some of you may know, I love coffee. But iced coffee holds a special place in my heart. I can drink it on sunny days or snow days. Though the tea game is strong here, cold brew is not easily found.

2. Mexican Food

In both Florida and DC, there is easy access to all the Mexican food I could ever want. There are some days when I just want a taco or burrito and London’s Mexican food just isn’t cutting it.

3. Great Pizza

Pizza just isn’t the same here. Though I may not have found the right place, I miss the reliability of my favorite DC pizzerias. 

4. Sushi Burritos 

Is my basicness showing? I can’t help it. I especially miss the Sofia roll at Buredo. I can imagine the crunchy tempura shrimp with the creamy sriracha mayo. This will definitely be one of my first lunches when I get back to DC.

5. Chick-Fil-A

Chick-Fil-A is one of those places that I love to hate, and hate to love. But after four months of no “my pleasures,” I need my chicken minis.

6. Grilled Fish

Maybe it's just because I'm from Florida, but I love the simplicity of a nicely grilled piece of grouper or tilapia. Pair that with a beach and a margarita — then we're in business.

7. Taylor Ham, Egg and Cheese Sandwich

fried egg, bread, bacon, cheese, sandwich, egg
Kara Schiaparelli

While there are breakfast sandwiches in the UK, nothing can beat a classic Taylor Ham, Egg and Cheese sandwich.

8. Cheeseburgers

Is there anything more American than a cheeseburger? Though Byron or GBK helps me through the craving, I am excited for my first cheeseburger back home while sitting in my backyard.

9. Sweetgreen

kale, bread, spinach
Alden Terry

I never thought that I would say this, but I miss salads. Well... exclusively Sweetgreen’s salads. The kale, apple and pear is always a real winner with me — maybe I should try and make a copycat this summer.

Even though I cannot wait to eat or drink these, I am also going to miss my favorite foods here in London. What will I do without pub grub, scones in every coffee shop and amazing Indian food? I have no idea, but I know someday I'll definitely come back to eat in good ol' London town.