No meat? No problem. Get all the protein you need with these delicious vegetarian recipes, all sans bacon.

1. Breakfast Quinoa

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo by Sally Zhang

Quinoa isn’t just a dinner side dish anymore. With mix-ins like cinnamon and peanut butter, the seed (no, not grain) is the perfect alternative to oatmeal. Plus, the 8 grams of protein per cup will keep you full for way longer. Try out this cinnamon apple & PB quinoa recipe for an easy breakfast that won’t leave you starving an hour before lunch.

2. Spelt Flour Pancakes

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo by Malia Hu

The carb-filled pancakes of your childhood don’t stand a chance to this breakfast, which is equally delicious but packed with nutrients. Spelt flour has 35% more protein than the bleached variety, and yogurt and egg majorly increase the protein content. Pancake art is encouraged.

3. Homemade Banana PB Granola Bars

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo by Alex Tom

Easy to make in a big batch and grab on a busy morning, these granola bars are a surefire way to make sure you’re getting your protein in the most delicious way possible. With 8 grams of protein in only 2 tablespoons, the PB in these bars will keep your stomach from growling hours after you leave for class.

#SpoonTip: This recipe is completely customizable, so swap nut butters, nuts, seeds, and other mix-ins for your ideal bar.

4. Sriracha & Egg Avocado Burrito

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo by Briana Jones

Save time without sacrificing nutrition by scrambling your eggs in the microwave. Try out this recipe to make the perfect breakfast burrito, no major cooking skills necessary.

#SpoonTip: Long day ahead? Add black beans to the burrito for an extra protein punch that will go perfectly with the Sriracha and avo.

5. Egg Naan Pizza

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo by Sasha Kran

This green goddess pizza recipe is the perfect way to have pizza for breakfast, the healthy way.

6. Açaí Bowl with Hemp Protein

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo by Kristine Mahan

If you want a fruity breakfast without the inevitable carb crash an hour later, try this açaí bowl recipe with added hemp protein to satisfy your cravings and stay full until lunchtime.

7. Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Bowls

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo by Helena Lin

Go south of the border without leaving your kitchen with this creative dish.

8. Overnight Oats

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo courtesy of Marci Green

Oatmeal is a great source of protein and super-filling fiber on its own, but adding mix-ins like milk, nuts, and chia seeds pumps up the protein per serving. Make your morning stress-free by mixing all the ingredients beforehand and storing in the fridge overnight. Try out this recipe for a super-easy intro to overnight oats.

9. Veggie Quiche Muffins

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

GIF by Caitlyn Heter

Think veggie omelet, but packed into a portable, muffin-shaped quiche. Spinach and cheddar up the protein count per serving and add delicious texture to the muffin.

10. Shakshuka

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo by Ashley Manning

While you’re still feeling international, take the time to make this classic Mediterranean egg-based dish.

11. Mason Jar Yogurt Breakfast Parfait

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo courtesy of @dourmet on Instagram

Yogurt is always better when layered with crunchy granola and sweet berries. Pack into a mason jar for a breakfast that’s both portable and powerful.

12. Avocado Baked Egg

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo by Lauren Feld

Too lazy to even flip an omelet? All the prep for this recipe can be done in less than a minute since all it involves is cracking an egg into half an avocado. #noexcuses

13. Breakfast Fried Rice

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo by Katherine Baker

Unlike your usual takeout, this fried rice is light, protein-rich, and can be eaten for breakfast without a grease-induced stomachache. Plus, it’s super-customizable and can be made with any extra veggies you have on hand.

14. Almond Butter Oat Energy Protein Bars

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo by Keni Lin

Forget store-bought protein bars, which are often packed with artificial sweeteners, and get the filling on-the-go breakfast you want with these balls. Bonus: they’re refrigerated instead of baked, making prep even easier.

15. Cottage Cheese Protein Pancakes

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo by Andi Crosby

27. Grams. Of. Protein. Per. Serving. And they can be made in a blender. #blessup

16. Breakfast Greens

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo by Amanda Shulman

Greens for breakfast? Top with an egg, and anything goes.

17. Greek Yogurt, Banana and Nutella Bark

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo by Maria Serghiou

This breakfast is the perfect balance of sweet and satisfying, and great for when you want something a little more indulgent without settling for sub-par nutrition.

18. Pumpkin Protein Pancakes

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo by Malia Hu

The fall classic gets a healthy boost in this recipe, which gets its protein from egg whites, oats, and protein powder.

19. Greek Breakfast Panini

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo by Danielle Gervais

Hitting the dining hall for breakfast? Pass up the often-sugary cereal bar for a more nutritious DIY meal: bring a fried egg to the panini station and layer with feta, tomatoes, and spinach on whole-wheat bread.

20. Breakfast Sundae

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo by Danielle Gervais

Bring your yogurt bowl to the next level with PB, jam, granola, and banana toppings.

21. Spinach & Broccoli Omelet

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo by Hailey Maher

Eggs are the obvious choice if you’re looking for protein in the mornings, but if you want an extra boost, pimp it out with these green veggies.

22. Sweet Potato & Yogurt Bowl

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo courtesy of @dourmet on Instagram

Breakfast bowls are all the rage – break from the basic smoothie bowl with this new twist. Fill any bowl with half sweet potato, half Greek yogurt, and top with almond butter, granola, nuts, cinnamon, and anything else you have in your pantry.

#SpoonTip: Granola can seem deceiving healthy – check out this guide to see which brands you should skip.

23. PB&B Toast

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo courtesy of @dourmet on Instagram

Toast with PB is a breakfast staple; top with bananas (or any fruit of your choice) for a sweet twist. Still hungry? Sprinkle with a tablespoon of flax seeds to add an extra few grams of protein.

24. Microwave Mug Cake

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo by Emily Hu

This protein powerhouse will make you feel like you’re eating dessert for breakfast: combine 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 a mashed banana, an egg white, and any mix-ins (we love berries and cinnamon), and microwave for 30 seconds at a time until cooked, or give this recipe a try.

25. Egg Whites & Nutritional Yeast

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo by Rachel Dyckman

Cut the fat without losing the protein with this trick – scramble egg whites and top with nutritional yeast for eggs that are just as filling and magically taste like cheese.

26. Toad in the Hole

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo by Phoebe Melnick

Get a 2-in-1 eggs and toast combo with this easy breakfast. Cut a 3-inch hole into a slice of whole wheat bread, place into buttered skillet, crack an egg into the hole, then cook on both sides until done. Easy, breezy, protein-packed beautiful.

27. Cappuccino Banana Ice Cream

high-protein vegetarian breakfasts

Photo by Katherine Carroll

We love ice cream for breakfast too, but the classic vegan banana-based version always leaves us hungry an hour later. Easy fix: blend in Nuzest cappuccino protein powder for a new flavor that will keep you full.