If you’re anything like me, peanut butter was eaten straight out of peanut butter jar from childbirth until…well you haven’t found out yet. Once I got to college though, I found out that there is a lot more to delectable spreads than the one out of a Skippy container.

Here’s your go-to guide for the best nut butters out there.

1. Almond Butter

Photo by Kathryn Stouffer

You guessed it. This number is the top on everyone’s list because it’s great for you, typically organic, and overall pretty darn yummy. Basically, pair this snack with anything, and you will find yourself happier than when the ice cream truck is in earshot.

2. Hazelnut Butter

Photo by Leigh Needham

While good in and of itself, the real reason the hazelnut spread is so high on the list is because just add some cocoa or chocolate. Seriously, instant homemade Nutella. And if that Nutella prank didn’t get you scared, you have your new coolest way to save yourself in case Nutella apocalypse comes.

3. Peanut Butter

Photo by Katherine Carroll

It’s a classic, what can I say. It’s all over the market which means there are a lot of choices that you can try from to find your favorite. My recommendation? Add a little honey. It’s the best thing to hit your college campus.

4. Coconut Butter

Photo by Kennard P

The flavor? Um um good. Unfortunately, it’s not the healthiest for you. As a little snack or quick treat though is a great way to go with this number. (PS. It tastes great with a little chocolate.)

5. Cashew Butter

Photo by Lily Allen

Nutritionally not as appealing, but who says the stomach has to agree? It’s a seriously rich and creamy spread that is uh-mazing with veggies. Ants on a log is a pretty good place to start.

6. Pistachio Butter

nut butters

Photo by Kelda Baljon

Better than you would think, all though the flavor itself can be a little overwhelming. Plus pistachio butter can be a lot chunkier than other more popular nut butters out there. Thus, number six on the list.

7. Walnut Butter

Photo by Bari Blanga

Meh. It’s fine, but I guess that is sort of the reason why it isn’t as well know. When it comes to nutrition, this butter is pretty spot on with its high omega-3s and overall health benefits. But where it’s pretty good in nutrition, it lacks a little in tastiness.

While you’re at it, you should totally check out these amazing articles: