The Mediterranean diet is extremely trendy right now, but with my mom from Syria and my dad from Turkey, the Mediterranean diet is the only diet I’ve grown up with. Many applaud this diet because it’s full of ingredients that have tons of health benefits – one being tahini.

Now, what is tahini exactly? Besides having a funny name (pronounced ta-hee-nee), tahini is sesame seed butter. Think peanut butter, but instead of being made of peanuts, it’s made of sesame seeds. Intrigued? Thought so.

Tahini has a smooth, creamy texture and is more on the savory side than the sweet side. It can be enjoyed by itself, but I like it best in dressings, on toast, and even in cookies. Below are some awesome recipes that will make you go out and buy a jar of tahini for yourself.

1. Tahini, Banana, and Cinnamon Toast

tahini recipes

Photo by Brittany Arnett

This toast combines the creamy texture of tahini, the sweetness of banana, and the spice of cinnamon all-in-one. This will be your new go-to breakfast, lunch, or snack. Recipe here.

2. Fruit Salad with Orange-Cinnamon Spiced Tahini Sauce

tahini recipes

Photo by Julia Maguire

Instead of the ordinary peanut butter-and-apples combo, try this. Tahini with orange and honey is like Zac Efron in High School Musical – life-changing. Recipe here.

3. Tahini Morning Harvest Muffins

tahini recipes

Photo by Jack Shannon

The secret ingredient in these muffins are – surprise – tahini. Made with Soom Foods Tahini, these will be perfect for when you’re running late to class and need to have a quick breakfast. Recipe here.

4. Lemon Tahini Farro Salad with Kale

tahini recipes

Photo by Nathalie Kent

Tahini can make the perfect, all-natural dressing for salad. The best thing about this recipe? It’s healthy, portable, and anyone can make it. Try it for yourself. Recipe here.

5. Caramelized Onion Hummus

tahini recipes

Photo by Casey Carr

This is THE hummus of hummus. It’s like the Beyoncé of hummus. Caramelized onions? Sign us up. Recipe here.

6. BLT with Tahini Sauce

tahini recipes

Photo by Brandon Guild

Want to transform that ordinary BLT into a BLT of champions? Add this tahini sauce. You can thank us later. Recipe here.

7. Salted Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies

tahini recipes

Photo courtesy of Danielle Oron of Modern Israeli Cooking

Yup, you read that right. Tahini in chocolate chip cookies. They’re almost as good as Chris Hemsworth shirtless. Recipe here.

8. Sesame Sweet Potato Noodles

tahini recipes

Photo courtesy of theorganicdietitican.com

Because tahini is made from sesame seeds, it’s not just limited to Mediterranean-style dishes. These sesame sweet potato noodles are proof of that. Recipe here.

9. Vegan Grilled Avocado Stuffed with Chickpeas and Tahini

tahini recipes

Photo courtesy of faithfoodfitness.com

Now, we’ve had avocado on toast, in guac, and in so many more ways than you can imagine. But grilled? That’s something we need to get on, ASAP. Recipe here.

10. Salted Caramel Tahini Cups

tahini recipes

Photo courtesy of runningonrealfood.com

Forget the peanut butter and chocolate combo – these tahini cups stuffed with salted caramel will be your new best friend. Maybe even boyfriend, who knows. And they’re vegan. Recipe here.

11. Chocolate & Tahini Quinoa Energy Bites

tahini recipes

Photo courtesy of simplyquinoa.com

These babies only have five ingredients. Yup, five. Don’t believe me? Make them for yourself. Recipe here.

12. Tahini Vanilla Milkshake Smoothie

tahini recipes

Photo courtesy of connoisseurusveg.com

No promises, but this milkshake will bring all sorts of boys to your yard. Recipe here.

13. Homemade Falafel with Tahini Sauce

tahini recipes

Photo courtesy of justataste.com

I know, I know. You’re scrolling through this and wondering: How could there be no falafel recipe? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Recipe here.

14. Tahini Porridge with Roasted Bananas & Toasted Almonds

tahini recipes

Photo courtesy of shanyaraleonie.com

Don’t be intimidated by how beautiful this breakfast porridge is – it’s pretty easy to make. And roasted bananas? Yes, please. Recipe here.

15. No-Churn Tahini Cardamom Ice Cream

tahini recipes

Photo courtesy of theorganicdietician.com

This ice cream is vegan. And only uses four ingredients. Is it from the Gods? Maybe. Recipe here.

16. Tahini Rice Krispie Treats

tahini recipes

Photo courtesy of wallflowergirl.co.uk

These rice Krispies don’t use any marshmallows, but don’t freak out – they still taste amazing. The tahini and sesame seeds add the perfect crunch, too. Recipe here.

17. Tahini Skillet Cookie

tahini recipes

Photo courtesy of lovemefeedme.net

Thought we’d end the list strong. Whoever decided to bake giant cookies in a skillet is our favorite person, like, ever. Recipe here.