When I think of Thanksgiving, I think of pie-making. The most typical pie to make and eat on Thanksgiving is pumpkin pie, but there are lots of people out there (myself included) who actually really don't like it.

Instead, try making any one of these pies. You'll still be honoring the tradition of eating pie on Thanksgiving but not have to live through your disgust for pumpkin pie.

1. Apple Pie

sweet, cake, pastry, pie, cream
Katherine O'Malley

This is a classic, especially for Thanksgiving. The apples are at their best in the fall, making this a perfect dessert for your Thanksgiving table.

2. Banana Cream Pie

cheese

Banana cream pie is a classic, albeit an unusual one. Delicious, buttery crust filled with sliced banana, creamy filling, and maybe even topped with whipped cream.

3. Cherry Berry Pie

sweet, berry, pie, pastry, tart, cherry, cake, jam
Kristin Brennan

This pie is full of juicy cherries and berries with a bit of sugar, flour, and salt to make for a delicious pie on Turkey-day that doesn't use any pumpkin or spice.

4. Chocolate Cream Pie

chocolate, cream, sweet, cake, pie, dairy product

It doesn't get much better than this. Pie crust filled with a creamy chocolate filling and topped with whipped cream. 

5. Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Pie

chocolate, sweet, candy, cake, cream, coffee
Hui Lin

This pie sounds sweet and decadent with a touch of salt as well to make for the perfect balance. This is another no-bake pie, so you won't need to use up more oven space.

6. Key Lime Pie

milk, cream, dairy product, sweet
Kaely Egan

Yes, this one has a pretty strong link with summer and bikini season, but it's still a delicious pie that I'm sure your guests would enjoy, despite the out-of-season feel to it.

7. Lemon Meringue Pie

dairy product, lemon, cream, sweet, cake, pie, pastry

This pie is a classic flavor, although still a very unique flavor and not one typically found on your Thanksgiving table, but no one made any rule against it.

8. Mint Cookies and Cream Brownie Pie

chocolate, cake
Wendy Zhou

This pie has a layer of brownie, then a layer of minty cream filling, then crushed Oreo's sprinkled on top. A mint and cookie paradise.

9. Momofuku Crack Pie

sweet, chocolate, cake, candy, pastry, cream, cookie, goody
Maxwell Faucher

This is a famous pie from Momofuku Milk Bar. I have to say, I've never been here or had this pie, but it sounds delicious and here's a recipe for you to make it homemade!

10. Nutella-Stuffed Brown Butter Pie

chocolate, pastry, cake, sweet, pie, cream
Phoebe Melnick

This pie is basically a giant cookie filled with Nutella. You shouldn't need any more convincing to make this.

11. Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie

chocolate, sweet, cake, pastry, cream, pie

Best part about this pie is that it has only 7-ingredients and doesn't need to be baked. So if your oven is full of turkey and sweet potato marshmallow goodness, this is the perfect pie for you.

12. Pecan Pie

cream, chocolate, pecan, pie
Jessica Payne

Pecan pie is potentially my favorite pie out there. Delicious, sweet and filling with tons of crunchy pecans in the middle. A great pie for Thanksgiving day!

13. Strawberry Rhubarb Pie

pie, sweet, pastry, cake, berry, cherry
Katherine O'Malley

Strawberry rhubarb pie is made a lot in the summer, but it is great for fall as well. Strawberries, rhubarb, and lots of sugar is a great combination.