The first week of school is always crazy. Amidst the mess of finding all of your classes, getting materials, and running into people you haven't seen all summer, sometimes you forget that you need to eat, too. These no-hassle breakfast recipes will set you up for a successful first couple of weeks at school.

1. Peanut Butter Banana Toast 

toast, bread, banana, butter, sweet, french toast
Hannah Cooper

This quick recipe will give you energy to start the day. Peanut butter is a great source of protein, while bananas and whole wheat toast are great sources of carbohydrates.

2. Chia Seed Pudding

chocolate, sweet
Brooke Bierhaus 

This is an easy recipe that you can prepare the night before in just five minutes. Health benefits of Chia seeds include their ability to make you feel fuller faster, reduce blood pressure, and prevent diabetes. I don’t know about you, but I need some Chia seeds in my life. 

3. Yogurt Parfait 

apple, caramel
Maggie Harriman

Mmmm. What’s better than a nice yogurt parfait in the morning? Simply add granola, fruit, and possibly other goodies (like chocolate chips or nut butter) to your favorite yogurt, and you’re good to go.

4. Avocado Toast

vegetable, guacamole, avocado
Photo courtesy of @oliviawilde on Instagram

This delicious toast is as simple as can be. Take your toast, spread on some avocado, squeeze some lemon juice, sprinkle some salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, and take a bite. Add a sunny side up egg on top, if you’re feeling frisky. 

5. Trail Mix 

chocolate, candy, sweet
Tiare Brown

This nutritious breakfast is filled with protein from the nuts and vitamins and fiber from the fruit. This is an easy breakfast to eat on the go, whether in class, on the bus, or just walking to your next destination.     

6. Strawberry Honey Ricotta Toast

strawberry, cream, sweet, berry, cake, toast, pastry, jam, dairy product
Daniel Schuleman

Not only will this light and fluffy breakfast toast satisfy your sweet tooth, but it will also nourish your body with calcium and protein from the ricotta and antioxidants from the strawberries.      

7. Peanut Butter and Banana Chip Oatmeal

sweet, banana, chocolate, cream, cake
Hannah Cooper

This rich breakfast will keep you satisfied until lunch. Peanut butter + banana + chocolate= the best triplet out there.

8. Frozen Greek Yogurt Banana Poppers

cream, sweet, mochi, ice, dairy product, candy, sorbet
Abigail Wilkins

These frozen yogurt dipped bananas are super easy to make. All you have to do is dip banana slices in yogurt and freeze them overnight.

9. Chia and Flaxseed Microwave Oatmeal

cereal, sweet, milk, blueberry, muesli, oatmeal, berry, yogurt, porridge, granola
Becky Hughes

This simple oatmeal recipe is enhanced with the addition of nutritious chia seeds and flax seeds and flavored with honey, cinnamon, and nut butter.

10. Sliced Bananas with Peanut Butter and Granola

sweet
Natsuko Mazany

These yummy treats take no time to make and require only three basic and bomb ingredients.

11. Fruit Smoothie

cream, berry, blueberry, smoothie, sweet, milk, ice, yogurt
Rachel Piorko

Provided you have a blender, starting your day off with a fruit smoothie is always a good idea. This blended drink will fill you with the nutrients you need to recover from last night, whether you had a crazy night out or a studious one in the library.     

There’s no place like college, and to be a student can be a lot to handle (as amazing as it is). These recipes will get you excited to wake up and conquer the day ahead. The power of peanut butter is real, my friend.