1. Spread some hummus on your favorite bread.
Hummus is delicious. Bread is delicious. Eat hummus and bread together for a burst of heavenly savory goodness in your mouth.
2. Use hummus on your sandwich instead of mayonnaise or mustard.
Hummus not only amps your your sandwich, but it also has a lot of health benefits that mayonnaise and mustard do not have. Hummus is a great source of protein, healthy fats and calcium. In addition, hummus helps with weight loss and disease prevention.
3. Dip some pita chips in hummus.
Hummus is a healthy alternative to your usual chip dip. Stick with pita chips for a Mediterranean-inspired snack, but all chips will taste better dipped in hummus.
4. Hummus mashed potatoes.
Perhaps your new favorite comfort food?Replace sour cream with hummus when making mashed potatoes for more flavor and fewer calories.
5. Make deviled eggs with hummus.
Boil your eggs, cut them in half lengthwise, scoop out the yolk, blend and mash the yolk together with some hummus, and dollop the mixture back into your egg whites. Voila, the easiest deviled eggs you will ever make.
6. Hummus and vegetables make a simple, savory, and healthy snack.
Carrots, broccoli, cucumbers…is there a vegetable that doesn’t taste better with hummus?
7. Make an easy Mediterranean-inspired dinner with fish topped with hummus.
Bake a salmon filet topped with hummus and rosemary. With just three ingredients, you can make a delightful and healthy dinner for yourself or to impress your friends.
8. Hummus and falafel, duh.
You can never eat too many chickpeas.
9. Make some healthy salad dressing with hummus.
Getting tired of eating your salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar? Blend hummus with olive oil, lemon juice and paprika for an easy and flavorful salad dressing.
10. Of course, you could always just eat hummus by the spoonful.
No judging. I do it and I am not ashamed.