When you are hungry, everything tastes delicious. But, there are always those pairs of foods that just don't mix well together. These foods that you should not eat together are shown to lead to upset stomachs, indigestion, and do not give you full nutritional absorption. With that upset stomach, comes uncomfortable bloating and embarrassing farting. There are lots of foods complement each other, but here are 5 pairs of foods that may be making you gassy.

1. Milk and Oranges

juice, sweet
Aakanksha Joshi

Any dairy product is full of protein, but when mixed with the acid from citric fruits such as oranges, it can solidify in your stomach. This can lead to a lacking absorption of nutrients and indigestion. Also, if you are to eat fruits, try to consume them 30 minutes before a meal or 1-2 hours after a meal to get the full vitamin and mineral absorption.

2. Beans and Cheese

sweet, chocolate
Megan Prendergast

Cheese is a dairy product and when incorporated with beans, which is a protein, may be making you gassy. Beans contain the complex sugar raffinose that produces gases as it goes through your digestive system. Along with cheese which consists of lactose, a sugar that many individuals cannot fully tolerate, this combo of beans and cheese may make you feel bloated and make you toot.

3. Pasta with Tomato and Cheese

vegetable, pasta, tomato, sauce, basil
Keni Lin

Tomatoes are acidic foods, while pasta is a starch. According to food combining theories, acidic foods do not mix well with starches or other proteins since these varying categories of foods digest in different areas of the body. Adding cheese, a protein, to the dish, incorporates another level of mixing, and as mentioned previously, acidic (tomato) and protein (cheese) filled foods can lead to indigestion.

4. Grapefruit and Meds

lemon, sweet, blood orange, citrus, grapefruit, juice

When on medication, it is best to avoid grapefruit. Grapefruit consists of a chemical, that when paired with certain medications such as aspirin, can create an overdose effect. This super fruit blocks an enzyme that breaks down toxins, leaving the meds in the bloodstream for longer than intended.

5. Yogurt and Fruit

beer, tea
Alex Frank

Sour fruits should not be mixed into yogurt. Through consumption of sour acidic fruits with creamy yogurt, indigestion and toxins that may lead to colds and allergies may arise. But don't worry, you can still add sweet fruits (like berries), dried fruits, nuts, granola, and honey to your favorite yogurt.

Although you can eat whatever foods you want, mentioned above, are 5 pairs of foods that may be making you gassy. These pairings can lead to indigestion, discomfort, and other health issues. If you do eat any of the combinations of foods and feel fine, keep doing you. Honestly, I cannot pass up adding beans and cheese into my Chipotle burritos. Sorry friends. But in the long run, avoiding these pairs foods allows your body to stay healthy and get the full nutritional benefits of the foods that you eat.