It happens to the best of us. More like, all of us. As college students short on time and money, our ferociously growling stomachs often convince us to get a quick fix and order delivery. Twelve dollars later, our bellies may be fuller, but our wallets are not, and we’re forced to survive on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the rest of the week. But it doesn’t have to be this way. If you plan ahead at the grocery store, you can pick up inexpensive, nutritious ingredients that will satisfy both your appetite and your budget all week long. Add this cheap and simple recipe to your weeknight dinner repertoire, and you’ll never go hungry or broke again.

Medium

Total Time: 50 minutes

Servings: 4

1 package (12 oz) Stouffer’s frozen spinach soufflé
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
Toothpicks

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Pound chicken to 1/4 inch thickness with meat mallet or any any heavy object with a flat surface.
3. Cut frozen soufflé into four equal pieces.
4. Place one piece of soufflé in center of each chicken breast.
5. Fold one-third of chicken breast over soufflé and fasten with toothpick. Repeat with other third.
6. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook garlic slices until tender.
7. Discard garlic and place chicken breasts in skillet, cooking until well-browned on both sides.
8. Remove chicken breasts from skillet and place on an oven pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until juices run clear.
9. Add broth, lemon juice and mustard to the skillet, scraping up brown bits. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes or until reduced by half. Add salt and pepper to taste.
10. Remove and discard toothpicks from chicken. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.