Sometimes the simplest recipes are the most delicious. This recipe is no different and may just be my new favorite breakfast. With only three main ingredients (toast, eggs, and avocado), make sure to season the dish at each step in order to bring out maximum flavor. Feel free to add any of your favorite toppings, from thinly sliced red onions to broiled tomatoes, you really can’t go wrong.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
2 slices of whole wheat or sourdough bread
1. Toast bread in toaster or in a skillet.
2. Mash avocado in a small bowl until it forms a chunky spread. Mix with a pinch of salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil or butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat, and crack both eggs into the pan.
4. Flip eggs when the outer edges begin to bubble and cook until slightly runny in the center.
5. Drizzle toast with olive oil and spread toast with avocado mixture.
6. Top each slice with 1 fried egg and season with salt and pepper.