If you haven’t already heard, salmon is packed full with Omega-3 and has the kind of fat you can be happy about eating. So if you didn’t already love it for it’s fresh taste, now you can love it because it’s good for you. The one trick with salmon is you have to be careful not to overcook it. Salmon is meant to be cooked at a medium temperature and a relatively short amount of time. If you start to see white on top of the salmon, it means you’ve cooked the salmon for too long and the white protein is coming out. There are so many ways to make salmon, but this recipe can be done quickly in a pan. It’s fresh, zesty, and perfect for the Spring and Summer time.

Easy

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes

Serving Size: 1

1 salmon fillet
3 tablespoons honey mustard
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon onions or shallots, chopped
Mango Salsa from Whole Foods as needed

Instructions:

1. On a plate or cutting board, lay your salmon out to marinate.
2. Spread the salt and pepper on the salmon and rub evenly to cover it completely.
3. Rub the honey mustard on the fillet in the same way.
4. Drizzle the lemon juice on top.

Photo by Aurelie Corinthios

5. Put the oil, garlic and onions in a pan and bring to a medium heat.
6. Once the garlic and onions begin to brown, add the salmon fillet.
7. Cook for about 4-5 minutes, flip and continuing cooking for another 3-4 mins.

Photo by Aurelie Corinthios

8. Serve and garnish with the mango salsa.
Tip: You could leave out the mango salsa but it adds a great kick of flavor. If you’re not a huge mango fan, there are plenty of other salsas that you can choose from.

Spice it up: You can add almost any kind of spices to this plate if you want to add more flavor. Enjoy this salmon on the grill for a smokier flavor. This plate is delicious with a light and fresh salad. Chop of the salmon and toss it in the salad or enjoy it on the side. Pick a lemony vinaigrette for the perfect combination.