Spoon University Logo
DRD 40
DRD 40
Recipes

The Easiest Healthy Vegan Granola

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at Yale chapter.

Who doesn’t love granola? When paired with fresh fruit and milk (non-dairy or otherwise) it makes a superb breakfast. When paired with sliced banana it makes a great snack. When paired with a piece (or two) of dark chocolate it makes a great late-night treat. Honestly, I cannot think of a situation where granola would be inappropriate. Granola is great always.

Okay, so an hour seems like a long time. But it isn’t! Put the granola in the oven, do some of the cleaning you have been avoiding for the past month, fold some of the laundry you never put away last week, or turn on an episode of This Is Us and wait for your house/apartment/dorm to be enveloped by the smell of freshly baked granola. 

Easy Vegan Granola

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 5 minutesCook time: 45 minutesTotal time: 50 minutesServings:10 servings

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 300°.

2. Vivian Armitage

In a large bowl, add coconut, sliced almonds, pecans and oats.

3. Vivian Armitage

Add maple syrup and olive oil to bowl.

4. Vivian Armitage

Add cinnamon, allspice and ginger.

5. Vivian Armitage

Stir well to combine.

6. Vivian Armitage

Spread mixture evenly onto a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, until the oats are golden brown.

7. When granola has cooled slightly, mix in dried cranberries.

I am an avid baker, die-hard runner, and a lover of red nail polish. I hate milk in my coffee and sugar in my tea. I adore Ethiopian food and vegan pizza, but despise all fried fare. I love finding powerful quotes and listening to undefinable “good” music. The perfect Friday night would be spent sitting on a couch with friends, eating frozen mango, and chatting while “The Office” played in the background.