Spoon University Logo
IMG 26561
IMG 26561
Recipes

How to Make a Veggie-Stuffed Omelette With Dining Hall Ingredients

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at Wesleyan chapter.

Why spend your weekend mornings with the same cafeteria brunch over and over again when you can impress your friends with homemade veggie-stuffed omelettes?

These simple ingredients are probably lying around in your dorm, and they wouldn’t cost too much to buy at a local grocery store. Whether you’re a breakfast fanatic or a beginner chef, this recipe covers your taste AND health needs… because we know you didn’t choose broccoli over french fries last night.

Veggie-Stuffed Herb Omelette

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 15 minutesCook time: 15 minutesTotal time: 30 minutesServings:3 servings

Instructions

1. Photo by Kim Pham

Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add spinach and stir.

2. Photo by Kim Pham

Cut mushrooms into thin slices and add to spinach. Continue to sautée.

3. Photo by Kim Pham

Chop tomato into small cubes while occasionally stirring ingredients in the pan. Add tomatoes when spinach and mushrooms are cooked. Continue to stir.

4. Photo by Kim Pham

Crack three eggs into a small bowl. Add a pinch of salt, thyme, and basil and stir with fork.

5. Photo by Kim Pham

Coat another pan with a thin layer of melted butter. Pour egg mix into pan, consistently rotating the egg mixture to the outside of the pan for about 2-3 minutes, or until nearly cooked through in the center.

6. Photo by Kim Pham

Take a third of the sautéed veggies and lay it on one half of the omelette.

7. Photo by Kim Pham

Fold empty side over the veggies with a spatula and pat down to brown the bottom. Flip omelette to the other side and remove from heat when desired brown color is reached. Move omelette to a plate. Add extra sides or enjoy alone!

Kim P.

Wesleyan '19