Spoon University Logo
IMG 6725
IMG 6725
Recipes

My Favorite Easy-to-Make Appetizer

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at Wake Forest chapter.

Need an easy-to-make appetizer? Bruschetta is an Italian staple that is favorite among my family and friends. This is one of my favorite recipes because it cannot be messed up. You must taste your way through to make sure it is to your liking.

Bruschetta

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 10 minutesCook time: 5 minutesTotal time: 15 minutesServings:3 servings

Instructions

1. Cut the baguette into small slices. Place the slices on a baking tray and drizzle olive oil on them. Broil until golden brown.

2. Ali McCarthy

Wash your plum tomatoes. Cut of the ends of the tomatoes so it is easy to scoop out the insides with a spoon. (This step helps the bruschetta avoid unnecessary liquid.)

3. Ali McCarthy

Cut what remains into thin strips so the tomato may be diced. Add the diced tomatoes to a mixing bowl.

4. Ali McCarthy

Take the desired amount of basil and roll the leaves into a log to cut. Add the cut basil to the mixing bowl with the tomatoes.

5. Ali McCarthy

Crumble up the desired amount of mozzarella and add it to the mixing bowl.

6. Now for the really fun part! You must add the balsamic, olive oil, and salt, and pepper, but you must taste little by little in order to determine what the Bruschetta needs more of.

7. Ali McCarthy

Enjoy!

Need more appetizer ideas? 

Check out: https://spoonuniversity.com/lifestyle/15-apps-thatll-make-you-look-sophisticated

Ali McCarthy

Wake Forest '23

Food and cooking are some of my biggest passions. I love the ability it has to bring people together and create joy.