Spoon University Logo
IMG 2614 final
IMG 2614 final
Recipes

How to Make the BEST Hot Chocolate

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at Wake Forest chapter.

Hot chocolate is such an amazing thing, but I constantly find myself saying, “this is too watery.” In order to mend this complication I did some research and came up with a recipe that mimics those found in Parisian cafés.

The BEST Hot Chocolate

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 5 minutesCook time: 5 minutesTotal time: 10 minutesServings:1 servings

Instructions

1. Ali McCarthy

Separate out the needed amount of chocolate. This can be done through shaving or chopping the chocolate.

2. Put the amount of milk needed in a pot on medium-low heat.

3. Consistently stir the milk as it is heating up until a subtle steam starts.

4. Ali McCarthy

Add the chocolate to the milk and keep stirring until it seems completely melted and homogenous.

5. Ali McCarthy

Optional: Strain the mixture into a heat proof measuring cup.

6. Ali McCarthy

Distribute the hot chocolate as desired and top it however you would like. (Get creative! My favorites include whipped cream with cinnamon sugar and a toasted marshmallow.)

Enjoy your delicious homemade hot chocolate! Consider dipping a croissant in it like an authentic Parisian. 

Looking for more Winter drink recipes?                  Check out: https://spoonuniversity.com/recipe/homemade-warm-spiced-apple-cider

Ali McCarthy

Wake Forest '23

Food and cooking are some of my biggest passions. I love the ability it has to bring people together and create joy.