Spoon University Logo
Screen shot 2016 02 25 at 6.14.08 PM
Screen shot 2016 02 25 at 6.14.08 PM
Recipes

A Shamrock Shake Any College Kid Can Make

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at Villanova chapter.

When you think of St. Patrick’s Day foods, of course your first thought is of Irish pub food. But then your mind drifts to the magical Shamrock Shake, made famous by McDonald’s. Now you don’t even need to leave your dorm room to make this treat with your trusted blender and five simple ingredients you can find at ANY grocery store.

And hey, this shake doesn’t have to be just for the St. Paddy’s day season – you can make it all year long! Keep reading and your taste buds will thank you.

Shamrock Shake

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 1 minuteCook time: minutesTotal time: 2 minutesServings:1 servings

Instructions

1. GIF by Pippa Leigh

Add milk, ice cream, food colouring, and peppermint extract.

2. GIF by Pippa Leigh

Blend it all together.

3. GIF by Pippa Leigh

Serve and top with whipped cream.

Hi my name is Pippa and I am a freshman at Villanova! I am a political science major and double minor in communications and business. My ultimate career goal is to be a news anchor. I am constantly involving myself on campus from joining Spoon University, the Villanovan (school newspaper), Villanova TV, the Blue Key Society, and the Alpha Phi sorority. Food is definitely one of my passions so I am thrilled to join the Spoon U team!