Spoon University Logo
IMG 7000
IMG 7000
Recipes

Make Tavern’s Tuscan Kale and Parmesan Salad at Home in 10 Minutes

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at Vandy chapter.

Raise your hand if you like kale (insert girl-raising-hand emoji here). Raise it again if you have had Tavern’s Tuscan Kale and Parmesan Salad. For Vandy students, Tavern is an off-campus dining favorite. Not only do they have a versatile menu with everything from Hawaiian inspired burgers to Buffalo-style cauliflower, but their cocktails are inventive and the pub-like atmosphere makes it a Friday night go-to.

With Tavern’s door just a few steps from campus, it’s hard to deny their kale salad. While you might be tempted by their famous burger and garlicy fries, you can bet the kale salad holds its ground and will give you that much-needed fuel without the dreaded food coma slug. Detoxifying after a boozy tailgate you may ask? Absolutely. Loaded with currants, almonds, Parmesan cheese and olive oil, this salad is satisfying on it’s own or  topped with seared sesame tuna, salmon or grilled chicken skewers.

But on those days you do not want to wait for 30 minutes, we discovered how easy it is to make this kale salad at home, not to mention that it only takes 10 minutes. So load up on these ingredients and you’ll be eating a mouthful of good-for-you greens way before a delivery service can get to you. Follow these few tips and tricks and you’ll have a restaurant quality meal in no time.

#SpoonTip: Making the kale salad means all the more reason to order Tavern’s do-it-yourself s’mores for dessert next time you head over there, right? Right.