Spoon University Logo
Chick fil A Spoon
Chick fil A Spoon
Recipes

Copycat Chick-fil-A Nuggets Recipe

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at UGA chapter.

Chick-fil-A has mastered the art of chicken nuggets. In fact, I’m not the only one who thinks Chick-fil-A is king in the nugget game. This article ranked their nuggets number one on a list with some worthy fast food opponents. I enjoy Chick-fil-A’s nuggets so much that I once ordered a 64-piece nugget tray all for myself. You may call it desperate, but I call it genius, just like this copycat Chick-fil-A nuggets recipe.

Since I live and breathe for Chick-fil-A, I decided to find a recipe for their famous nuggs, so I could make them at home. Once you try this copycat Chick-fil-A nuggets recipe for yourself, you’ll see that you can eat Chick-fil-A any day of the week, even Sunday.

Copycat Chick-fil-A Nuggets Recipe

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time:1 hour Cook time: 10 minutesTotal time:1 hour 10 minutesServings:40 servings

Instructions

1. Kara McKenna

Wash the chicken and cut off the fat. Cut chicken into nugget sized pieces.

2. Kara McKenna

In a large bowl, add the uncooked chicken, dill pickle juice, and buttermilk together to marinate for an hour or more.

3. Kara McKenna

Remove chicken from marinade and move it to a new bowl. Toss the chicken with the well beaten egg.

4. Kara McKenna

Combine the flour, powdered sugar, salt, pepper, and paprika in a large zipper plastic bag.

5. Kara McKenna

Put the chicken pieces in the plastic bag and shake bag to coat chicken completely with flour mixture.

6. Kara McKenna

Add 4 cups of peanut oil to a large frying pan and heat oil to 350° Fahrenheit. Add a few chicken pieces to the oil, about 4 or 5 at a time, and fry until the chicken’s internal temperature is 165° Fahrenheit. If you have a low level of oil in the pan, make sure to flip your nugget pieces so they are evenly done.

7. Kara McKenna

Remove chicken from oil when cooked and put the pieces on a paper towel covered plate.

8. Kara McKenna

Once the chicken is cooled, remove the pieces from the paper towel and serve.

Kara McKenna idolizes Guy Fieri and wants to take a trip to Flavortown with him one day. Follow more of her adventures on her blog: www.karammckenna.wixsite.com/work.