Spoon University Logo
5271C79B 11D0 4D2B 8E96 880C2B240E88 E304F169 34BA 40B0 8C0D FF8B4A43CEEE
Recipes

Easy and Sweet Christmas Snack Mix

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at UCLA chapter.

We are already in the middle of the Holiday season, and while the weather is changing and holiday decorations are going up, it has been hard for many of us to get in the spirit. The holidays look a lot different this year, and as Los Angeles enters another stay at home order, we are all looking for easy ways to get us excited for Christmas while still being safe at home.

This year, we could all use a holiday themed sweet treat that will make staying inside more merry and bright. With only 10 ingredients, this easy and sweet Christmas snack mix is guaranteed to get you ready for the holidays. 

Easy Christmas Snack Mix

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 30 minutesCook time: minutesTotal time: 30 minutesServings:8 servings

Instructions

1. Olivia Cervantes Llamas

Cut up 2 bars of peppermint bark or until you have about 1 1/2 cups chopped and put it aside.

2. Olivia Cervantes Llamas

In a small bowl, crush Oreos until you have 2 cups of crushed Oreos. Set the bowl aside.

3. Measure out 5 cups of Chex cereal and add to a large mixing bowl.

4. Olivia Cervantes Llamas

In a microwave safe bowl, add 1 1/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate and 1 tablespoon of butter. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes making sure to stir every 15 seconds until it is completely melted.

5. Add 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract to your melted chocolate and stir until it is well combined.

6. Olivia Cervantes Llamas

In the large mixing bowl, combine the melted chocolate with the Chex cereal and mix making sure all of the cereal is evenly covered with chocolate.

7. Olivia Cervantes Llamas

Add 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar, 1/4 cups of cocoa powder, and 1 tablespoon of sprinkles to the large mixing bowl then mix until the cereal is completely covered.

8. Olivia Cervantes Llamas

Add the chopped up peppermint bark, crushed Oreos, and Christmas chocolates to the large mixing bowl and mix until everything is evenly distributed. Enjoy!

Christmas Snack Mix
Olivia Cervantes Llamas

With all the extra time spent at home this year, who could say no to making sweet and festive treats? The added sweetness of Christmas candy and Oreos, makes it the perfect snack for a holiday movie marathon. While this snack mix is amazing to consume all alone, you can also distribute it in mason jars for a simple gift for your friends. This recipe is sure to impress and will make the holidays feel special, even in the most unique circumstances. 

Hi!! I am Olivia Cervantes Llamas a first year here at UCLA. I am originally from the Bay Area, which is where my love of food began. I am super adventurous when it comes to food and love everything vegetarian and vegan. I am so excited to be trying all of the trendiest foods in LA and to be writing articles to share. Besides school and food I love the beach, listening to music, hiking, and traveling!