Spoon University Logo
IMG 0515
IMG 0515
Recipes

3-Ingredient Chocolate Caramel Croissants

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at UCF chapter.

Whenever you might be craving a fancy dessert but you realize you don’t have the money to buy it, it might be a better idea to try and make something sweet and cheap. Chocolate is a go-to for desserts and adding in caramel simply makes this a double threat. These chocolate caramel croissants will satisfy your dessert cravings and even impress people while on a budget.

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 10 minutesCook time: 10 minutesTotal time: 20 minutesServings:8 servings

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.

2. Roll out crescents onto a greased cookie sheet and separate the triangles.

3. Take small spoonfuls (approx. ½ a tablespoon) of the caramel and shape them into a round ball. If using caramel candies, you may use one per croissant.

4. Lay out your chocolate chips onto a plate and roll your caramel balls onto them. Try to coat it with at least a few of them so that you can get a nice chocolate-to-caramel ratio.

5. Place each chocolate coated caramel ball onto the wider end of a crescent triangle.

6. Starting from the wider end, roll up the crescent triangles and make sure to properly seal all open edges.

7. Photo Courtesy of Romina Zeine

Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown.