Spoon University Logo
FullSizeRender 2
FullSizeRender 2
Recipes

Try This Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal On A Rainy Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at UBC chapter.

Now that fall is in full swing in Vancouver, there is endless pumpkin spice everything, colourful leaves, and rain. The rain and gloominess can make you want to stay in bed all day and avoid all responsibilities. But nothing will help you get out of bed and beat the Vancouver rain than a nice warm bowl of oatmeal in the morning. Skip the pumpkin spice and try another fall classic with this apple cinnamon oatmeal. 

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 5 minutesCook time: 20 minutesTotal time: 25 minutesServings:1 servings

Instructions

1. Carlie Tigley

Place water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, add oats, stir and bring to a boil again.

2. Carlie Tigley

Reduce heat and let oats simmer for roughly 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.

3. Carlie Tigley

While the oats cook, cut up apple into small bite-sized chunks.

4. Carlie Tigley

Once oats are cooked, pour into bowl.

5. Carlie Tigley

Top with a good dollop(s) of greek yogurt, apple chunks, and a drizzle of maple syrup.

6. Carlie Tigley

Sprinkle cinnamon, hemp hearts, and chia seeds over the top.

7. Carlie Tigley

Now for the most important step… the drizzle of almond butter. Are you drooling yet? Same.

Step 8: Eat up. Now you are all set to take on Raincouver. But if this oatmeal isn’t doing it for you, give this Chocolate Banana Oatmeal a try.