Spoon University Logo
IMG 6962
IMG 6962
Recipes

Who Says Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancake Recipes Can’t Be Whole Wheat?

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at U Conn chapter.

Even though Halloween is over, pumpkin season is still in full swing. If pumpkin spice lattes aren’t satisfying your cravings, try whipping up this whole wheat pumpkin chocolate chip pancake recipe to get your fix.

You might think you want to add extra chocolate chips but a little goes a long way in these pancakes, trust me on this one.

Try making these for your friends on a Saturday morning if you have a kitchen in your dorm, or make them for your family for breakfast on Thanksgiving.

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 15 minutesCook time: 10 minutesTotal time: 25 minutesServings:5 servings

Instructions

1. Kaitie Fiore
    Whisk the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, and chocolate chips) together in a bowl.
  2. Kaitie Fiore
    In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, egg, vanilla extract, and milk. Feel free to substitute almond milk in for the non-fat milk.
  3. Kaitie Fiore
    Mix the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients and mix until combined. The batter should be a little thicker than regular pancake batter.
  4. Kaitie Fiore
    Spray a griddle with non-stick spray and turn it on medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle, and cook until the top starts to bubble and the edges start to come up from the griddle. Flip it over and let the other side cook for about a minute.
  5. Kaitie Fiore
    Repeat step 4 until you’ve used up all of the batter.
  6. Kaitie Fiore
    Top with maple syrup, peanut butter, or your favorite nut butter and enjoy!

Recipe is adapted from the blog ambitiouskitchen.com