Spoon University Logo
5AB152D1 A3E2 4BBE A854 67D409F752CC 1 201 a
Recipes

Homemade King Cake Bites

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at Tulane chapter.

Mardi Gras is approaching, and what better way to get into the spirit than making these King Cake Bites! You can make these with friends as a fun way to begin the Mardi festivities. These are so easy to make and require minimal ingredients. This treat reinvents the classic King Cake that we know and love and makes it even easier to share with your friends!

King Cake Bites

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 30 minutesCook time: 13 minutesTotal time: 43 minutesServings:20 servings

Instructions

1. Jordyn Fein
    For this recipe you will need crescent roll cans, cream cheese, cinnamon, vanilla, powdered sugar, milk, Mardi Gras colored sprinkles, and babies for decoration. Preheat your oven to 350°.
  2. Jordyn Fein
    Open the crescent roll cans and lie them out on a baking sheet. Make sure you pinch the seams together.
  3. Jordyn Fein
    Next add cinnamon to the dough. As much as you like.
  4. Jordyn Fein
    Whisk together one block of cream cheese, 1 cup of powdered sugar, and vanilla until it becomes thick.
  5. Jordyn Fein
    Now spread the cream cheese mixture down the center of the dough. Add enough to lightly cover the dough, but leaving the ends empty. If you add too much, you won’t be able to seal it.
  6. Jordyn Fein
    Next, fold the dough together so that the dough is in the shape of a log. Close the seams on both ends so that no cream cheese can seep out. Turn the logs over. You may have to pinch the seams back together if they start to open up.
  7. Jordyn Fein
    Now, cut the logs up into thirds and bake for about 13 minutes on 350°.
  8. Jordyn Fein
    Allow your King Cake Bites to cool.
  9. Jordyn Fein
    For the icing whisk together 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar and 3 tablespoons of milk.
  10. Jordyn Fein
    Ice your King Cake Bites
  11. Jordyn Fein
    Sprinkle the top with purple, green, and yellow sprinkles.
  12. Jordyn Fein
    Add the babies for decoration. They add such a cute touch. Now you can enjoy with friends!

I hope you enjoy these festive treats as much as we did, and Happy Mardi Gras from all of us here at Spoon Tulane!

Spoon University Placeholder Avatar
Jordyn Fein

Tulane '25

I love to cook and I have a food account on instagram. I would love to share my love for food with everyone.