Spoon University Logo
Croissant Ring Cut
Croissant Ring Cut
Recipes

This Bacon Egg and Cheese Croissant Ring Is the Breakfast of Champions

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at Temple chapter.

What better way to celebrate the Olympics than by making ring-shaped food? Oh, by actually being active and participating in sports? Nah. Food.

Start off your day with a golden ring of croissants, loaded with scrambled eggs, red bell pepper, bacon, and cheese. Because you’re a winner. Now bite into that gold like a champion.

Bacon Egg and Cheese Croissant Ring

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 25 minutesCook time: 20 minutesTotal time: 45 minutesServings:8 servings

Instructions

1. GIF by Caitlyn Heter

Whisk together 5 of the eggs, the red bell pepper, and the milk. Cook on medium heat until the eggs are just cooked.

2. GIF by Caitlyn Heter

Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Then lay out the triangles of crescent roll dough in a circle with the points facing outward.

3. GIF by Caitlyn Heter

Place a slice of bacon on each of the crescent rolls. Sprinkle half of the cheese around the circle where the crescents meet. Then, layer on the scrambled egg and pepper.

#SpoonTip: Cook your bacon to chewy (not too crunchy) so the strips are more pliable.

4. GIF by Caitlyn Heter

Lift the outer corners of the crescent dough and pull each corner over the fillings to create the ring.

5. GIF by Caitlyn Heter

In a small bowl, combine the last egg and the water to form an egg wash. Brush this over the crescent roll dough to get a shiny, golden-brown breakfast ring.

6. GIF by Caitlyn Heter

Bake for 15 minutes. Carefully sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Then bake for 5 more minutes.

7. GIF by Caitlyn Heter

Slice it up and enjoy!

amateur cook. professional binge-watcher.