Spoon University Logo
IMG 2662
IMG 2662
Recipes

How to Make Curried Sriracha Hummus

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at TAMU chapter.

Hummus is actually so easy to make. It takes no time and tastes amazing. Although this one may not be as creamy as most, the extra chickpeas in the blend make this hummus thicker, making it that much better. The added thickness creates a unique texture that really contributes to the great taste. Use it as chip, vegetable, or cracker dip, or even spread it onto a sandwich.

Curried Sriracha Hummus

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 5 minutesCook time: 10 minutesTotal time: 15 minutesServings:5 servings

Instructions

1. Photo by Sydney Eakin

First grab a food Processor and blend the Tahini and lime for about 30 seconds so that it can thicken up.

2. Photo by Sydney Eakin

Add the olive oil, Sriracha Sauce, stevia drops, and all the spices. Blend the new mixture for another 30 seconds.

3. Photo by Sydney Eakin

Throw in the chickpeas and blend for about one minute. If consistency is not as desired, add tablespoons of water until satisfied.

4. Photo by Sydney Eakin

Enjoy your simple, tasty, and healthy snack.

Hello! My name is Kevin Kiefer, and about three years ago I had the goal of losing some weight, but I didn't want to eat plates of food that tasted so bland. This is what made me want to learn to cook different foods that were tasty and nutritious. I slowly gathered different ideas for recipes online and made some of my own. I now have my own set of simple recipes at my disposal, making it easier to survive on more wholesome foods in college. Now I want to share my ideas with other people struggling to eat healthier foods while going to school.