Spoon University Logo
DSC 0107 Fotor
DSC 0107 Fotor
Recipes

3 Easy Pumpkin Desserts Under 50 Calories

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at TAMU chapter.

Never feel like you need to ditch your diet during the holidays again with these low-calorie pumpkin alternatives. Satisfy your sweet tooth without having to compromise your health. We’ve all experienced our fair share of Pinterest fails, but these 3 healthy pumpkin cookie recipes will fool even the biggest of butter lovers.

40-Calorie Pumpkin Protein Cookies

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 15 minutesCook time: 8 minutesTotal time: 30 minutesServings:24 servings

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.

2. DSC 0029 Fotor e1444778682415

Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix well.

3. cookiecloseup

Grease a baking sheet and drop a tablespoon of the cookie dough onto the pan. Spread it out into cookie form.

4. pumpkinfinal

Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. Store in the refrigerator.

Healthy Pumpkin Protein Cookie Dough

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 7 minutesCook time: minutesTotal time: 7 minutesServings:35 servings

Instructions

1. cookiedoughingredients

Combine the pumpkin puree, protein powder, flour, and sweetener.

#SpoonTip: The texture will be a bit crumbly, but the wet ingredients will fix that.

2. pumpkincookiedough2

Combine the powdered peanut butter with the water to make it a liquid. Add the maple syrup to that, and then add the mixture to the pumpkin dough until it’s fully incorporated.

3. cookiedoughpumpkin4

Add recommended amount of almond milk, but you can continue adding it to the dough in increments of 1 tablespoon until desired consistency is achieved. Fold in the chocolate chips.

18-Calorie Pumpkin Pie Bites

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 10 minutesCook time: minutesTotal time: 10 minutesServings:10 servings

Instructions

1. bitesingredients

Mix coconut flour, protein powder, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and Stevia.

2. bitespumpkin

Add maple syrup. Slowly add water until a doughy paste forms.

3. pumpkinbites

Roll into balls and store in the refrigerator.