Spoon University Logo
FullSizeRender 11
FullSizeRender 11
Recipes

Rolo Brownie Bites With Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at San Diego chapter.

Looking for a way to spice up your go-to brownie dessert, well, you’ve come to the right place. These Rolo Brownie Bites are such an easy dessert that takes a fun spin on the classic brownie. With a creamy caramel filling and the caramel cream cheese frosting, these brownies will melt in your mouth. The perfect size for a sweet snack… and because they are brownie bites, you can always have more than one!

Rolo Brownie Bites with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 15 minutesCook time: 15 minutesTotal time: 40 minutesServings:24 servings

Instructions

1. Photo by Ale Tacconelli

Make sure you have all your ingredients, including the ingredients required for the brownie mix you chose.

2. Photo by Ale Tacconelli

Preheat the oven to 325°F. Prepare box of fudge brownies mix according to the package.

3. Photo by Ale Tacconelli

Spray a 24 mini muffin tin, or two 12 mini muffin tins, with cooking spray.

4. Photo by Ale Tacconelli

Fill each muffin tin about 3/4 full with the brownie batter. Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.

5. Photo by Ale Tacconelli

While brownies are cooking, unwrap 24 Rolo candies.

6. Photo by Ale Tacconelli

When the brownies are done, take them out of the oven and immediately push a Rolo, smaller side down, into the center of each brownie.

7. Photo by Ale Tacconelli

Once the brownies have cooled for about five minutes, remove each brownie, using a knife for extra leverage.

8. Photo by Ale Tacconelli

To make the frosting, blend the butter, cream cheese, and caramel until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar until desired consistency.

9. Photo by Ale Tacconelli

Spread on the frosting or pipe it on.

10. Photo by Ale Tacconelli

Enjoy!

I love to cook and bake, but most importantly I love to eat!