Spoon University Logo
P1000836
P1000836
Recipes

Dark Chocolate Cayenne Truffles You Can Make in Your Dorm

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at OSU chapter.

This spicy dessert was super easy to make and the ingredients were super cheap. Dark chocolate is my absolute favorite and the cayenne gives the perfect amount of kick. These truffles were inspired by Maddie Frazer, my neighbor and fellow Spoonie. We definitely ate them all.

#SpoonTip: Always lick the spoon!

dark chocolate cayenne truffles truffle candy
Ryl Johann Dorado

Dark Chocolate Cayenne Truffles

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 5 minutesCook time:1 hour Total time:1 hour 5 minutesServings:25 servings

Instructions

1. IMG 2853

Measure out 1.5 cups of heavy cream. In a pot, bring the cream to a simmer.

2. Lauren Tucker

Add dark chocolate and stir until melted and combined.

3. Lauren Tucker

Add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Stir until combined.

4. IMG 2891

Pour into a pan QUICKLY (ingredients will burn!) and spread evenly. Freeze for an hour or until hardened.

5. Lauren Tucker

Once hardened, use a spoon to scoop out the batter and roll each chunk into a ball. Coat each truffle in a thin layer of cocoa powder. Store in fridge for best shape.

6. IMG 2892

Put cocoa powder in the container to keep the truffles looking perfect.

7. Ryl Johann Dorado

Enjoy!

Keep the truffles in the fridge and pull them out whenever you need a little bit of chocolate in your life. Make sure you share… or don’t. I don’t judge.

Hi I'm Lauren! I'm a first year student at The Ohio State University majoring in Biomedical Science. I have a million food allergies (ok just gluten and fructose) so food is a HUGE part of my life! I am always looking for new gluten free friendly restaurants. I love to travel and find gluten free foods in other parts of the country and world. Stay tuned and happy eating!