Spoon University Logo
smores
smores
Recipes

Make This S’mores Bark Because You Can’t Build a Campfire in Your Dorm

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at NCSU chapter.

S’mores have been pleasing our taste buds for decades, ever since we were children enjoying them by the fire on camping trips. Why not incorporate them into a bark that is easy to store, transport, and eat (way too much)? This recipe will show you how.

S’mores Bark

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 30 minutesCook time: 2 minutesTotal time:1 hour Servings:8 servings

Instructions

1. Photo by Olivia Chadwick

Buy all necessary ingredients and separate out into different containers. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.

2. Photo by Olivia Chadwick

Melt the dark chocolate chips in the microwave for one minute, stir, then microwave again for 30 seconds.

3. Photo by Olivia Chadwick

Spread the melted chocolate onto the cookie sheet, evenly and relatively thin. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.

4. Photo by  Olivia Chadwick

Melt the white chocolate candy coating as instructed on the package.

5. Photo by Olivia Chadwick

Take the cookie sheet out of the refrigerator and spread the white chocolate on top of the dark chocolate, swirling them to create a marble effect. Begin adding the broken up Hershey’s bars.

6. Photo by Olivia Chadwick

Quickly add the mini marshmallows and graham crackers on top of the bark.

7. Photo by Olivia Chadwick

Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour, the longer the better.

8. Photo by Olivia Chadwick

Break up into pieces and enjoy! Tasty, huh?

B.S. Applied Nutrition. I am a major foodie who lives off of avocados, chocolate, and queso.