Spoon University Logo
IMG 0117
IMG 0117
Recipes

3 Spooky Boo-ze Recipes to Try Out This Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at GVSU chapter.

We all know Halloween is really about 3 things: dressing up in the perfect costume, experiencing anything spooky, and drinking at Halloween parties (if you’re of legal age, of course). So why not combine 2/3?

I’m going to give you 3 spooky alcoholic drink recipes to make for your friends–or for yourself, I don’t judge here–this Halloween. And let me tell you–they’re so good, cheap, and easy that it’s scary. 

Caramel Apple Sangria

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 5 minutesCook time: 2 minutesTotal time: 7 minutesServings:10 servings

Instructions

This recipe tastes like an adult caramel apple that includes fun fall colors. This is perhaps the easiest of the recipes–you just gotta dump it all together. 

All you have to do is stir the wine, apple cider, and vodka together in a large pitcher. Add the apples either to each individual glass or just throw them in the pitcher as well. Now you have a crisp, delicious, and festive drink that everyone will love. 

Final Result:

3
    Emily Rice

Witch’s Brew Cocktail

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 1 minuteCook time: 10 minutesTotal time: 11 minutesServings:14 servings

Instructions

This drink has a few more steps than the sangria, but it’s still super easy and just as festive-looking. 

You’re going to pour the gelatin mix into a large bowl, and slowly stir in boiling water. Stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Let it cool before you stir in the rest of the ingredients, and ta-da! Now you have a cocktail that even the Sanderson sisters would approve of. 

#SpoonTip: If you pour the drink into an ice tray and let it freeze overnight, it also turns into a deliciously boo-ze frozen treat

Final Result:

3
      Emily Rice

Candy Corn Punch

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 1 minuteCook time: 2 minutesTotal time: 3 minutesServings:1 servings

Instructions

Another easy drink and perhaps the one with the cutest presentation, I give you: candy corn punch.

You just have to fill up 1/3 of the glass with pineapple chunks, pour in the shot of vodka, and then fill up the rest of the glass with orange soda. Finish it off with a dollop of whipped cream and some candy corn sprinkled on top. Then you’re left with a drink that (vaguely) resembles the appearance of candy corn and tastes just as sweet and delicious. 

Final Result: 

3
        Emily Rice

There you have it. 3 spooky boo-ze recipes to satisfy your inner Halloween-lover. Whether you make them just for yourself or for your coven, they’ll be sure to make you scream. 

I'm a liberal studies major with a minor in writing. I'm really exciting about writing for Spoon University because I am passionate about both food and writing! In my free time I love to go to concerts (though since I've been in school I don't have much extra money for it). Otherwise I love just hanging out with my friends.