Spoon University Logo
IMG 8189 1
IMG 8189 1
Recipes

3-Ingredient Mini Pumpkin Pies You Can Take On the Go

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at Gonzaga chapter.

If you’re like me, you wouldn’t mind a few extra months of fall. I love watching the trees change color, I love the crisp autumn breeze, and I love making pumpkin pie.

The only problem? Pie is not portable, making it a challenge for those of us who have meetings and classes and can’t take our daily pie break any time we want. I can’t just slice off a piece and take it to class with me. Well, I suppose I could, but I might receive some odd looks from my peers.

So, what’s my solution? Pumpkin pie crescent rolls.

Pumpkin Pie To-Go

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 10 minutesCook time: 10 minutesTotal time: 20 minutesServings:16 servings

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.

2. IMG 8160 e1444087436374 1

Spread out the crescent rolls on a clean surface. Coat the surface with a little bit of all-purpose flour to keep the dough from sticking.

3. Photo by Morgan Willie

Stir together the can of pumpkin pie mix and a large egg to create filling. Put a tablespoon or so of the filling onto each crescent roll.

4. IMG 8188 2 e1444087700443

Roll the crescents up and line them up on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until light brown around the edges.

5. Photo by Morgan Willie

Top with an icing of your choice (optional).

#SpoonTip: I highly recommend Food Network’s cream cheese frosting recipe for the icing.