Spoon University Logo
final
final
Recipes

Let’s Fry Some Mac & Cheese Bites

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at Drake chapter.

I’ve mastered frying hot Cheetos mozzarella sticks, now it’s time to master frying one thing I can’t get in college- mac and cheese. I saw this recipe on All Recipes and was dying to make it. So much so, I had to settle for frozen broccoli with noodles and cheese from our campus convenience store. I was not disappointed when I made this delicious treat.

Fried Mac n’ Cheese Bites

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 40 minutesCook time:1 hour 15 minutesTotal time:1 hour 55 minutesServings:6 servings

Instructions

1. Gif by Cassandra Bauer

Stir in cheddar cheese, pimento cheese spread, and Italian cheese blend into cooked macaroni while still hot.

2. Gif by Cassandra Bauer

Cover macaroni and cheese and place in refrigerator. Leave until firm, about 30 minutes to an hour.

3. Gif by Cassandra Bauer

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove macaroni and cheese from refrigerator and scoop into balls onto the parchment paper.

4. Gif by Cassandra Bauer

Freeze the macaroni and cheese balls on the baking sheet for at least 1 hour.

5. Gif by Cassandra Bauer

Mix together bread crumbs, paprika, chili powder, black pepper, sugar, and cayenne pepper in a shallow dish. Set aside.

6. Gif by Cassandra Bauer

Crack and beat the eggs in a bowl.

7. Gif by Cassandra Bauer

Coat mac and cheese balls in egg wash, and then roll in breading.

8. Gif by Cassandra Bauer

Fry the mac and cheese balls in small batches until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain briefly on a paper towel-lined plate, serve hot.