Spoon University Logo
20161007 141956
20161007 141956
Recipes

Simple Vodka Cocktails to Get You Through Any Stressful Situation

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at DePaul chapter.

There’s that moment in the middle of a stressful situation, specifically a presidential debate, when you’re thinking to yourself, “I need a drink.” Admit it. We’ve all been there. The go-to choice would probably be a beer, but if you’re looking for something a bit stronger, you might want to try a vodka cocktail.

Martinis, specifically vodka martinis, are the drink of choice for presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and it’s very easy to see why. They are extremely easy to make and there’s the added bonus of seeming like a total badass.

Vodka Martini

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 2 minutesCook time: minutesTotal time: 2 minutesServings:1 servings

Instructions

1. Victoria Guo

Add ice to a cocktail shaker or any jar with a tight lid, and pour in vodka and dry vermouth. Shake.

2. Victoria Guo

Strain into a glass and garnish with olives or lemon zest.

So maybe you don’t want to be like Hillary. You can still make your evening great again with this a classic Moscow Mule. Why choose this? It’s a refreshing candidate, just like Trump.

Moscow Mule

Instructions

1. Victoria Guo

Add ice to chilled glass. Pour in vodka.

2. Victoria Guo

Add in lime juice.

3. Victoria Guo

Pour in chilled ginger beer.

4. Victoria Guo

Garnish with more limes! (Optional)

#SpoonTip: Show your support for each side by either using Ruby Red Vodka, or adding blue curacao. 

Now you can make as many drinks as you need to get through any stressful situation (or presidential debate). And who knows—maybe you’ll pull these out again.