Spoon University Logo
IMGP3206
IMGP3206
Recipes

How to Make Bite-Sized Mini Cheesecakes

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at Colgate chapter.

Once upon a (luckily long gone) time, I actually hated cheesecake. My experience with this delectable treat in Vietnam was filled with little more than disappointment, from the dense and hard bakes cheesecake to the excessively gelatinous no-bake ones sitting in the local bakery’s front display. Not until I came to America did the world of cheesecakes truly unfold, and I’ve become a die-hard cheesecake fan ever since.

I came up with this cheesecake recipe through a fortunate accident, AKA my absent-mindedness in forgetting to buy sour cream. I simply substituted sour cream with heavy whipping cream, and found a smooth and creamy texture that was (of course) more palatable. I also added some lemon juice for extra sourness, and found it to be much more adjustable than sour cream.

Why mini cheesecakes? I thought it was a better (and much cleaner) way to make it for groups. I always have friends over to clean up my baking mess, so it makes sense to prepare it this way to prevent extra dishes.