Spoon University Logo
80779CC0 04D6 4B1A 9FAF 27C0C66A7AB2
80779CC0 04D6 4B1A 9FAF 27C0C66A7AB2
Recipes

Blueberry Salad With Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at Chapel Hill chapter.

Blueberries: they’re a staple in pies, cobblers, cheesecakes, and virtually anything dessert. It’s also prime blueberry season, which is when the berries are at their most ripe and delicious. But what if you don’t have a sweet tooth to satisfy (or at least, not at the moment)? Whether you’re looking for a lighter dish or just a change of pace, this blueberry salad with a simple, homemade lemon vinaigrette is for you

Blueberry Salad With Lemon Vinaigrette

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 15 minutesCook time: minutesTotal time: 15 minutesServings:1 servings

Instructions

1. Jocelyn Hsu
    Slice the cucumbers and avocado. (How thick they’re sliced is up to you, but I slice my cucumbers fairly thin.)
  2. Sarah Choi
    In a large bowl, assemble the spring mix or greens of your choice, the fresh blueberries, the cucumber, the avocado, and the feta.
  3. Kristine Mahan
    Mince the garlic.
  4. Sarah Choi
    In a small bowl, add the lemon juice, the red wine vinegar, the extra virgin olive oil, the honey, the garlic, the oregano, the salt, and the pepper. Combine by whisking with a fork.
  5. Sarah Choi
    Pour the desired amount of dressing over the salad.
  6. Sarah Choi
    Top with almonds and serve!

This salad is perfect for the summer. Light and simple, it’s a versatile side dish — and a great meal all on its own!

Sarah Choi

Chapel Hill '24