Spoon University Logo
IMG 7480
IMG 7480
Recipes

5 Healthy Desserts You Can Make in Your Dorm Room

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at BC chapter.

When I’m away at school, there’s nothing I miss more than 24/7 access to a stocked kitchen and pantry. But no kitchen shouldn’t mean no dessert! If you have a huge sweet tooth, are sick of hard cookies from the dining hall, and are trying to eat somewhat healthy, don’t worry—hope comes in the form of these 5 healthy dessert recipes you can make in your dorm.

1. Overnight Oats

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 5 minutesCook time: 20 minutesTotal time: 25 minutesServings:1 servings

Instructions

1. Dump everything BUT the oats and nut milk into a sealable container. Yes, everything.
  2. Mix it reeaallll good.
  3. Stir in the oats, making sure each oat is covered in the mixture.
  4. Pour the nut milk into the jar, stirring as you go.
  5. Seal with lid and put in fridge for at least 20 minutes.
  6. Open fridge, add toppings like fresh berries, more chocolate chips, or a sliced banana, find a spoon, and enjoy. It’s that easy.

2. Microwave Granola Cobbler

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 2 minutesCook time: 1 minuteTotal time: 3 minutesServings:1 servings

Instructions

1. Pour frozen berries into bowl and microwave for 45 seconds.
  2. Remove from microwave and stir (the berries should be slightly softened and mushy). Add granola and cinnamon and place back in microwave for 15-20 seconds.
  3. Add more berries, ice cream/yogurt, get a spoon, and dig in!

3. Chia Seed Pudding

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 2 minutesCook time:1 hour Total time:1 hour 2 minutesServings:1 servings

Instructions

1. In a bowl or jar, mix together chia seeds, nut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla. If you’re using a jar, you can put the lid on and shake the mixture to combine everything.
  2. Once the chia pudding mixture is well combined, let it sit for 5-10 minutes then shake it again to break up any clumps of chia seeds.
  3. Cover and place the mixture in the fridge to set-up for 1-2 hours.
  4. Top with berries, slivered nuts, chocolate chips, or whatever else your heart desires and enjoy.

4. Yogurt Bowl

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 3 minutesCook time: minutesTotal time: 3 minutesServings:1 servings

Instructions

1. Spoon yogurt into a bowl and top with whatever makes your tastebuds tingle. That’s literally it.

Microwave Pancakes

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: minutesCook time: 1 minuteTotal time: 1 minuteServings:1 servings

Instructions

1. Remove lid from Kodiak Cake cup, add water to fill line, and stir.
  2. Microwave for 1 minute and eat!

So, next time you’re bored of the dining hall options go ahead and try one of these! It’s that easy, even if you’re simply throwing some pre-made treats in the microwave. 

katherine: lover of all breakfast foods, books, dogs, and soulcycle.