On January 4, Taco Bell released Crunchwrap Supreme and Chipotle Chicken Quesadilla Cravings Kits. These kits are designed for fans to finally recreate and personalize their takes on beloved menu items at home. It’s a Taco Bell fan’s dream! Now, there’s no need to scroll on TikTok for the many copycat recipes of Taco Bell favorites. The kits, which include Taco Bell’s signature ingredients, seasonings, and sauces, are available exclusively at Walmart (online and in-store) and priced at $6.98.

Each kit includes four servings of official ingredients, the only thing left is to choose a preferred protein and any special additions to customize the creation. And that’s exactly what I did — here’s how it worked out for me.

Assembling the Crunchwrap Supreme Cravings Kit

The Crunchwrap Supreme kit came with four large flour tortillas, four tostadas, a large packet of Velveeta cheese sauce, and Taco Bell seasoning. 

Photo by Giselle Medina

Aside from the taco seasoning packet that came in the kit, I added one teaspoon of onion powder and paprika to the ground beef. The directions called for stirring in ¾ cup of water. I did not do that as I felt that the water would make the meat more mushy. Plus, once I added the Taco Bell seasoning to the ground beef, the beef did look a bit “saucy” so, I felt the water was unnecessary.

Normally, Crunchwrap Supremes come with lettuce and tomatoes; however, I realized while cooking the meat that I had neither. Not a problem though, that’s why there are four servings. When assembling the Crunchwrap, the instructions stated to spoon about ½ cup of the seasoned beef onto the center of the flour tortilla. Spread about one tablespoon of the cheese sauce onto the tostada and place the cheese side over the beef. On the other side, I added shredded cheddar cheese and began to fold. 

Photo by Giselle Medina

I know I folded that Crunchwrap beautifully. It didn’t unfold when I let go either––like how it would do with recreations in the past. I cooked both sides for a minute and a half until it was to my desired crispiness.

Photo by Giselle Medina

As my dipping “sauces,” I had my Crunchwrap with guac and Good & Gather’s Chunky Corn and Bean salsa.

My thoughts: Overall this was a fairly easy process. It took me about 30 minutes to cook and assemble everything. Taste-wise, the taco meat seasoning offered a spiciness that was enhanced with my addition of paprika. The tostada also added a great crunch that brought everything together. It tasted like Taco Bell’s, but I will admit I liked the Chipotle Chicken Quesadilla kit more.

Assembling the Chipotle Chicken Quesadilla Cravings Kit

The Chipotle Chicken Quesadilla kit came with four regular-sized flour tortillas, a large packet of Velveeta cheese sauce, and creamy chipotle sauce. 

Photo by Giselle Medina

To start, I cleaned my chicken breasts with the juice of half a lemon. Then I sliced and diced the chicken. I seasoned my chicken with two cloves of garlic (minced), 1/2 a tablespoon of onion powder, 1/2 a tablespoon of paprika, one teaspoon of salt, and two teaspoons of black pepper. I added the now-seasoned chicken to the skillet. While the chicken was cooking, I chopped four sweet peppers to add more color to the chicken. (I’m sorry, the yellow cheese and similar colored chipotle sauce needed a little oomph from a red sweet pepper).

When the chicken slices were almost done, I removed them from the pan and sautéed the chopped peppers for a minute. Then I added the slices back into the pan to finish cooking. 

Photo by Giselle Medina

With assembly, the directions state to spread about one tablespoon of the chipotle sauce on half of the tortilla and two teaspoons of the cheese sauce on the other half. On the cheese side, add ¼ cup of shredded cheese and about ½ cup of chicken — saying it now, I definitely added more chicken and shredded cheese. Fold and place the quesadilla onto a skillet to cook until golden brown. 

Photo by Giselle Medina

With my quesadilla, I also had guac and the Good & Gather’s Chunky Corn and Bean salsa.

My thoughts: The Chipotle Chicken Quesadilla was my favorite of the two, and I can see myself buying this kit again to make more. It was also super easy to make and took me about 30 minutes to make. I loved the flavor of the chipotle sauce, it added a level of heat that a chicken quesadilla needs. Everything just melted together beautifully, literally.