This past weekend was full of newsworthy events. The Super Bowl was in the party capital of the world (arguably), giving us plenty of iconic moments. We saw Taylor Swift chug a beer, Beyonce release new music (!!!), Usher dance and sing his heart out, and so much more. 

But there was one other event that happened in Las Vegas this weekend making headlines. Taco Bell hosted its inaugural Live Más LIVE, where the fast food chain announced lots of things to come, including menu items arriving this year.

What is Live Más LIVE?

Live Más LIVE is an event hosted by Taco Bell that is part presentation, part tasting. The event is both in-person and live-streamed online. It starts in a theater, where various Taco Bell executives announce menu items in the works, either for that year or in the future. It also awards Taco Bell fans for their support throughout the year. If you are lucky enough to attend in person, the second half of the event is a tasting of most of the Taco Bell menu items to be released that year. 

What's coming to Taco Bell's menu in 2024?

Obviously, the most exciting part of an event like this is the tasting, and I tried everything I could manage to. Here are my thoughts on the Taco Bell 2024 menu.

The Cheez-It Crunchwrap was the menu item I was most excited to try, and it did not disappoint. It's exactly how it sounds, a giant Cheez-It inside of a classic Crunchwrap. How big, you may ask? Sixteen times the size of a regular Cheez-It. And it is so delicious. You really can't go wrong with extra cheesiness and extra crunch. The only advice I give is to eat it fresh so you don't lose that crunch. 8.5/10. 

Felicia LaLomia
The Cheez-It Crunchwrap will be available at participating Taco Bell locations this summer.

The Cheesy Chicken Crispanada is beyond crispy. It's so crispy that the crust almost looks sparkly, shattering in your mouth as you take a bite. It's filled with plenty of cheese and chicken and is surprisingly flavorful. There is a slightly unpleasant aftertaste that didn't sit well with me. 6/10.

Felicia LaLomia

The Cheesy Chicken Crispanada will be available at participating Taco Bell locations on February 15.

The Cantina Chicken Menu apparently comes from a request by Taco Bell fans for more chicken options on the menu, according to Taylor Montgomery, the chief marketing officer. The entire menu is made using roasted and shredded chicken in the burrito, bowl, quesadilla, and taco options. I tried the taco and the burrito, and both were solid chicken options. I loved the purple cabbage, pico de gallo, and white corn taco shell additions, but not the new Avocado Verde Salsa sauce packet (not enough avocado flavor). I don't think I'll be running back to Taco Bell to try them again, but I wouldn't be mad if someone ordered it for me. 7/10.

The Cantina Chicken Menu will be available at all Taco Bell locations next year.

The MTN DEW Baja Blast Gelato is a product that I think everyone can get behind. It's neon green, because what other color would it be, super creamy, and light in flavor. Believe it or not, the Baja Blast turns 20 this year, and to celebrate, Taco Bell is adding this to the menu at all Taco Bell locations. I will certainly be ordering it. 8/10.

Photo courtesy of Taco Bell

The MTN DEW Baja Blast Gelato will be available at participating Taco Bell locations this summer.

The Cheesy Enchilada Dipping Taco is a classic Taco Bell menu item that I'm shocked hasn't existed before. Remember the Grilled Cheese Dipping Taco from last year? This is like that with a layer of melted cheese on the outside of the tortilla, but better, because it has enchilada sauce and comes with chicken or steak. 7/10.

Felicia LaLomia

The Cheesy Enchilada Dipping Taco will be available at participating Taco Bell locations this year.

The Cheesy Street Chalupa is a street taco with a chalupa shell with cheese on the inside. I wasn't able to try this one, but the pictures make it look incredibly cheesy. 

The Cheesy Street Chalupa will be available sometime in 2024..

The Dulce de Leche Cinnabon Delights are just like the regular Cinnabon Delights, but filled with sweet dulce de leche. This was another item I didn't try, but can't wait to when it comes out this year.

The Dulce de Leche Cinnabon Delights will be available sometime in 2024..

A collab that I hope makes its way to every Taco Bell menu is a new taco, twist, and drink made with Tajín. The taco is like a better version of the classic Doritos Locos Taco and the Tajín twists are a salty, spicy snack. 9/10.

Felicia LaLomia

The Tajín x Taco Bell menu will be available at select locations this year for testing.

The Nacho Fries will be making their way back onto the menu this year, and the brand is trying to make them permanent, plus TB is adding a Serrabanero sauce from hot sauce brand Secret Aardvark to the Nacho Fries.

The Nacho Fries will be available at all Taco Bell locations this year for a limited time.

Finally, Taco Bell is entering the chicken nugget game. The Crispy Chicken Nuggets, which I did not try, are not your average nuggs. No, these are marinated in jalapeño buttermilk, coated in a tortilla breading, and served with a hot and sweet Jalapeño Honey Mustard or Bell sauce.

Photo courtesy of Taco Bell

The Crispy Chicken Nuggets will be available sometime in 2024.

What else is happening at Taco Bell this year?

This Halloween, Taco Bell is going to let fans bring back one of two discontinued menu items from the dead. Fans can vote between the Meximelt or the caramel apple empanada to return to the menu for a limited time.

The hot sauce packets, famous for their sayings, are getting an upgrade. Say goodbye to Millennial-friendly quotes like "AND... THAT HAPPENED," "Live life one sauce packet at a time," and "Next Level," and hello to updated Gen Z sayings like "Just happy to be here," "Don't think, just do," "Keep the same energy," "Maybe I'm the problem," and "Taking a break from my break."

In other sauce packet news, musician Omar Apollo's family's hot sauce, Disha Hot, will be getting its own sauce packet at Taco Bell.

What other menu items can we look forward to past 2024 at Taco Bell?

A lot of menu items were teased without official release dates but were still available to try at the event. The Churro Chillers, Taco Bell's answer to the milkshake, are pretty good, but not better than any other fast food milkshake. The MTN DEW Baja Blast Twists is an unexpected favorite that tasted like Trix cereal, as is the Baja Blast pie (yes, you read that right). A triple-decker taco, a new coffee line, a gyoza taco, an expanded vegan menu, an ice cream taco with Salt & Straw, a chimichanga and a chalupa combined, and elote queso were also teased, but not yet available to try.

Felicia LaLomia

Taco Bell also announced a new program called TBX. The brand is looking for fresh chef talent to bring into its test kitchens and collab on some amazing new menu items. This year, TB is bringing in chefs Jennifer Hwa Dobbertin, Reuben Asaram, and Lawrence Smith to reimagine the Crunchwrap Supreme. Keep an eye out for their innovation set to make the menu at select locations later this year.