As I stepped into Boqueria on their third opening night in Seaport, I was surprised at the rows of packed tables. Once I adjusted to the lively scene, I was able to take in the energetic music that transported me from a typical Thursday. The customer service was on point from the moment I walked in the door and was greeted by the hosts. After taking in the interior decorations, I focused my attention on the tapas menu and tried a selection of tapas:   

Tabla de Quesos y Embutidos 

Audrey McGuff

To start, Boqueria's selection of charcuterie consists of high quality cheeses from manchego to caña de cabra, a traditional Spanish goat cheese. These cheeses were paired with delicious meats like jamón serrano, a shaved meat similar to prosciutto but with a darker flavor. This charcuterie is generously topped with pan con tomate, bread with tomato, for extra substance, and palate cleansers with a selection of grapes and olives. 

Patatas Bravas

Audrey McGuff

The second tapa on the hit list, and arguably the star of the show, is Boqueria's crispy potatoes, perfectly crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Topped in a garlic aioli sauce on top of a delicious salsa brava, these crispy potatoes are not to be overlooked. 

Gambas al Ajillo 

Audrey McGuff

As a main dish, Boqueria's garlic shirmp is cooked to perfection and is served in a brandy, olive oil, and lobster reduction sauce. The sauce at first appears to taste similar to olive oil, but after a few tries the dimensions fade into a richer experience. With added bread on the side, not a drop of this sauce goes to waste. 

Pinxto Moruno

Audrey McGuff

The perfect accompaniment to any main dish at Boqueria is definitely their tangy lamb skewer. This lamb skewer is anything but ordinary and is dressed with pickled shallots and salsa verde. 

Boquerones con Naranja

Audrey McGuff

If you are feeling adventurous, these pickled anchovies do not disappoint. Now before you imagine the traditional anchovies dish, reframe your imagination to a dish with notes of citrus and olive oil to brighten your taste buds. These boquerones con naranja pair perfectly with Boqueria's patatas bravas. 

Final Thoughts

Boqueria is perfect for date night or a night out with friends. From a lively atmosphere, to fantastic service, to high quality ingredients and carefully curated dishes, Boqueria is a new must-see gem in Seaport. 

For more tapas: https://spoonuniversity.com/lifestyle/food-trends-of-2023