Nothing silences Thanksgiving family drama quite like serving the crowd a mouthwatering appetizer! Whether you serve this crescent-wrapped brie alongside a delicately crafted charcuterie board, or simply place it alongside your favorite crackers, this irresistible fall staple will be something every family member can agree on. 

When trying out this recipe, don't be afraid to get creative with your ingredient choices or flavor combinations! I used fig jam here, but other flavors, like apricot jam, work great as well. Puff pastry is also a great alternative for wrapping brie. In fact, if you're feeling extra fancy, check out this variation on baked brie, which uses puff pastry, rosemary, and walnuts — a recipe crafted by a fellow Spoon writer. Room for creativity also emerges when shaping the crescent coating of the brie. Thankfully, even for the artistically disinclined like myself, the brie will come out looking golden and delicious either way! On the odd chance that this brie will leave you with leftovers, it tastes just as festive when reheated in the oven, the air fryer, or even the microwave.

Crescent-Wrapped Brie

• One 7oz wheel brie cheese
  • One 8oz package crescent rolls
  • 2 tablespoons fig jam or your favorite jam
  • 1 egg beaten
  • A generous drizzle honey
  • A handful slivered almonds
Denisa Stavri

Preheat your oven to 350° F. (If you are using a larger cheese wheel, increase cook time accordingly.) Cut a piece of parchment paper big enough to line the bottom of your pan.

Denisa Stavri

After opening your pack of crescent rolls, arrange 5 of the triangular cutouts to form a base. Make sure the base is big enough to cover the entire bottom of the brie. The narrow ends of the triangular cutouts should flare out from the base. (It’ll look a little like a star or a sun.)

Place the brie on top of the crescent roll base. Coat the top of the brie with as much jam as your heart desires, and add some slivered almonds to top it off.

Take the ends of the dough and place them diagonally over the top of the brie. Feel free to get creative here with your design: try overlapping in a spiral pattern for added visual appeal! (At the same time, don’t worry about mistakes in your dough covering — as long as the brie is fully covered, it’ll come out looking delicious!)

Use the remaining crescent roll cutouts to evenly wrap around the top and sides of the brie, making sure to fill in any gaps where you can see the brie.

Lightly coat the surface of the crescent-wrapped brie with egg wash.

Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until the top of the crescent is golden brown. Add slivered almonds to the top about halfway through the cooking time to prevent burning.
    (Side note: if the almonds aren’t sticking, you can instead toast the almonds on the pan for the last 5 minutes of cook time, do step 8, then add the almonds.)

Take the brie out of the oven, place it onto a serving dish and add a generous drizzle of honey.

Denisa Stavri

Beautiful Brie

Let the brie cool for a few minutes after removing it from the oven as to not burn your mouth with molten hot melted cheese (trust me it hurts). After the brie has cooled a bit, watch as the creamy melted cheese oozes out. Serve it up with crackers or whatever charcuterie ingredients you desire, and enjoy the silence that ensues as your friends and family devour this delicious creation.