Ever wake up feeling like you want to eat a small boat made entirely out of breakfast food? Well adorable little ships carrying eggy-goodness aren’t just going to sail into your kitchen, you’ve got to build them yourself. This, my friends, is THE breakfast boat.

Breakfast Boat

• Prep Time:25 minutes
  • Cook Time:25 minutes
  • Total Time:50 minutes
  • Servings:4-5

• 1 loaf of bread
  • 1 tomato
  • 4-5 leaves of basil, spinach, arugula, kale etc.
  • 6 eggs
  • 2 tablespoon milk or cream
  • 1 cup crumbled cheese
  • 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
  • 1 slice of sandwich bread
  • 2 cup blueberries
  • 1 handful of Swedish Fish
Photo by Max Faucher

Bake bread for 10 minutes at 350°F in order to make it easier to work with.

After letting the bread cool, cut a long hole in the top, scooping out the insides like you work at Panera and you’re making a bread bowl.

GIF by Max Faucher

Bake the bread for another 10 minutes so that the insides start to get crunchy

Chop the tomato and mince the basil.

GIF by Max Faucher

Whisk all of the eggs together in a bowl, add milk and continue whisking.

GIF by Max Faucher

Add the tomatoes, basil, cheese, salt and pepper and mix to combine.

GIF by Max Faucher

Add the egg mixture to the hull of your boat, bake for 25 minutes at 350°F or until the egg sets.

GIF by Max Faucher

While your boat is baking, toast a slice of sandwich bread and then cut it diagonally. Using toothpicks or meat skewers, attach the two pieces of bread together and make a mast at their base. Take a moment to contemplate your actions and consider whether edible ship building is a feasible career path.

GIF by Max Faucher

When the bread is done, move it to a large serving plate or leave it on the baking tray. Set your sail.

GIF by Max Faucher

Surround the finished boat with blueberries to simulate the majestic ocean, and add Swedish Fish to represent its bounty.

GIF by Max Faucher

Realize that shipbuilding is an exhausting craft, and you are now famished. Now cut into your creation and consume the fruits of your labor.

GIF by Max Faucher