Last Wednesday I had the pleasure of participating in a virtual cooking event in collaboration with Noodles & Company to celebrate the launch of their Gluten Free Cauliflower Gnocchi and oh my goodness was it amazing! The dish comes with either a garlic cream or Rosa sauce and other aspects of the pasta like protein, extra veggies, and so on can be customized when you order. Noodles & CO.  sent me a PR package with a super cute apron with the quote “If Cauliflower can be gnocchi you can be anything” on it, ingredients, and some other goodies that I’ll definitely be using in the future. 

Mackenzie Laverick

The cooking class was held over zoom and Chef Nick taught us how to make the delicious roasted garlic cream sauce that is paired with the cauliflower gnocchi. I modified it a bit to be dairy free and did not have wine like the initial recipe called so I used more vegetable broth. 

Dairy Free Garlic Cream Sauce

• 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 4 tbsp DF butter
  • 5 cloves chopped or 2 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 medium onion
  • 1 c vegetable broth
  • 1 cup soy milk or another DF alternative
  • 1/2 tbsp corn starch + 1/2 tbsp water combined
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Parsley
Mackenzie Laverick

Add oil, butter, garlic, and onion. Cook until translucent and the garlic is fragrant.

Mackenzie Laverick

Add broth and spices and cook on low for about 10 minutes. Add starch ad water to thicken, serve with gnocchi.

Mackenzie Laverick

I added the spinach early and in the sauce (sorry Chef Nick for not following directions) and topped the gnocchi with the sauce, roasted zucchini, salt and pepper, parsley, Parmesan, and some white kidney beans for protein.

One of the The beauty of Noodles & Company is that there is a dish for everyone, no matter their dietary preference or lifestyle choice. From the indulgent Wisconsin Mac & Cheese to the lighter Cauliflower Gnocchi option, there’s a customizable menu option for every guest.One of the The beauty of Noodles & Company is that there is a dish for everyone, no matter their dietary preference or lifestyle choice. From the indulgent Wisconsin Mac & Cheese to the lighter Cauliflower Gnocchi option, there’s a customizable menu option for every guest.Throughout the zoom cooking class Chef Nick, Dave and Frances Largeman-Roth talked about the history of the company and all of the innovation that has arisen since the launch of Zoodles in 2018, then Cauliflower Noodles in 2019, and now Cauliflower Gnocchi which just dropped Thursday Jan. 28th 2021. You can check out all of their amazing dishes on their menu. The nutritionist attending the event raved about the gnocchi, saving they offer a tasty gluten free option and the gnocchi along already contains a single serving+ of vegetables. If you get the roasted garlic sauce, that adds spinach and zucchini to the dish and can be paired with any of Noodles protein options for a well-rounded, delicious meal.

One of the things I love about this company (besides how good their food tastes) is how customizable their menu is. They even have an allergen/lifestyle calculator that personlizes options on their menu based on your food allergies or if you’re trying to eat low-carb, high protein, etc! Even though the gnocchi is not vegan they have many other options like their udon japanese pan noodles with tofu—yum!