If you haven't seen pictures of floating rocks, cascading waterfalls, or unique and glowing vegetation, otherwise known as Disney’s newest park, Pandora, you must be living under a rock. This new world, inspired by the wildly successful movie, Avatar, is awe-inspiring: it places you right into the atmosphere of the alien planet. However, the food selection alone is reason enough to go.

Erin Lomboy

Even if you haven’t seen the movie, this place is worth checking out just from their unique meals and treats. The dishes are a combination of adaptations influenced by the movie mixed with authentic island cuisines. Here are some highlights:

Pongo Lumpia

Lumpia is a spring roll commonly found as a popular street food in the Philipines and Indonesia, and a variation can be bought at the Pongu Pongu stand in Pandora. This traditional dish is often an appetizer or snack that is stuffed with sliced vegetables and minced meat. However, Disney put its own twist on the popular snack by adopting a sweeter mix: cream cheese blended with pineapple, AKA the perfect snack for any tourist with a sweet tooth.

Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse

Erin Lomboy

This was my favorite new addition to the park: the Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse. This dish was inspired by the movie, in regards to the unique color scheme; the deep blue of the round top is reminiscent of the vibrant skin of the Na’vi people, and the passion fruit curdle represents the stark yellow of their eyes. In addition, the passion fruit flavor is a nod to the tropical environment in the movie. This delicacy can be found at the Satu'li Canteen, and I promise that this tangy and sweet tasting dessert, with such a creamy texture, is one you don't want to miss.

Steamed Pods

One of the main meal options, the various selection of pods take their inspiration from the popular Baozi Chinese cuisine. This steamed bun can be filled with a plethora of different ingredients, but at Disney, you can order the familiar cheeseburger or vegetable options. The unique look of the pod makes it a more futuristic-looking dish that, at the same time, is really just a spin on regular food that guests are used to. Disney didn’t want to go too far and deter guests, but at the same time wanted a unique looking dish that matched the stunning atmosphere of the park. Therefore, the steamed pods were added to the menu. 

The Night Blossom Drink

This interesting concoction is the most Instagram-worthy drink ever. Honestly, it deserves more hype than the overrated Unicorn Frappuccino from Starbucks. Its vivid colors and bright boba are so pretty you won’t want to drink it. The drink adopts a wild mix of limeade, apple, and pear flavors, with passion fruit boba to top it off. Again, like the Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse, the flavors are a reference to the movie and the world’s tropical environment. This drink can be bought at the same place as the Pongu Lumpia: Pongu Pongu.

So, what are you waiting for?! Plan that spring break trip now and get your Instagram page loaded with these gorgeous treats.