Taking your significant other out to dinner on Valentine’s Day will make them happy. It’s a no brainer. Flowers and dinner and you’re in the clear. But if you really want to make her swoon, cooking a romantic dinner will show that not only do you care, but you also made something especially for her. Plus, cooking is sexy. This recipe for lamb chops with red wine pan sauce is simple, delicious and will definitely impress. Nevertheless, you’d better still remember the flowers. And maybe some chocolates.

Medium

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25-30 minutes
Servings: 2

2 lamb chops
1 cup red wine
½ cup beef stock
1-2 tablespoons flour or cornstarch
4 golden potatoes
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
Salt and pepper
Olive oil

1. In one pan, coat surface with thick layer of olive oil, about a ¼ cup on medium heat. Cut potatoes into quarters and place in pan. Flip occasionally so they don’t burn. About 12 minutes.

Photo by Kathleen Lee

2.Moderately coat the lamb chops with salt and pepper. Pour about a tablespoon of olive oil into a separate pan on medium-high heat. Add more olive oil when you flip the lamb chops. Gently place the lamb chops in the pan. Cook each side about 4 minutes for medium rare. After, cook for 1 minute on each side at slightly higher heat to make the outsides nice and crispy.

Photo by Kathleen Lee

3. Remove the lamb and place in foil to keep warm. Scrape the pan, but leave the lamb bits and juices in the pan. Let the pan cool for a few minutes and then cook on low-medium heat.

4.Pour wine and beef stock into pan. Reduce to simmer for about 5 minutes. Add butter. After the butter melts, whisk and slowly add flour or cornstarch until the sauce has a slightly thicker consistency. Whisk as you add the flour. If you add the flour or cornstarch too quickly it will lump up, so pour in intervals. Whisk until smooth and creamy. Add salt to taste.

Photo by Kathleen Lee

5. Serve lamb and potatoes. Cover in sauce.

Photo by Kathleen Lee

6. Enjoy!