I absolutely love bananas, and I also love bread, but the best thing is banana bread. I am always looking for new ways to adapt delicious recipes into a somewhat "healthier" version, so I followed this recipe, but made a couple of switches. 

First of all, I put the batter into one large loaf pan instead of a bunch of mini pans and I also did not use the 1/2 cup of oil. I increased the amount of Greek yogurt to 3/4 cup. 

Whole Wheat Greek Yogurt Banana Bread

• 2 cups white whole wheat flour
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 bananas

Preheat the oven to 350°F.

In one bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.

pepper
    Timary Malley

In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, mashed bananas, brown sugar, vanilla, and Greek yogurt.

cake, chocolate
    Timary Malley

Add the wet mixture (the second one) into the dry mixture (the first mixture). Mix until they combine.

Grease a loaf pan and add the mixture to the loaf pan.

Timary Malley

Bake for 27-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from pan.

banana, bread
    Timary Malley

Indulge!

cookie, cake, cereal, pastry, sweet, wheat, bread
    Timary Malley

The bread tasted really good! However, the middle was a little undercooked, so in the future I will try covering the loaf pan with tinfoil and bake it a little bit longer so the sides do not burn and the bread will cook more throughout (a beautiful suggestion made by my wonderful editor Katherine). If you try this recipe or make an adjustment let me know how it turns out! 

chocolate, cake
Timary Malley