POV: You’re scrolling through TikTok, and you see yet another recipe. You add it to your “Saved” folder with the intention of checking back later to cook it. You might forget the recipe, or you might miraculously remember it.

If you’re anything like me, your entire “Saved” on TikTok is recipes. From Gigi Hadid’s pasta to Jeremy Scheck’s potatoes (which were liked by Kylie Jenner, btw), I’ve tried them all. Here’s my run-down of which TikTok food trends are really worth it -- and which you should avoid altogether. 

Worth It: 

Gigi Hadid's Pasta

Even though Gigi Hadid didn’t invent this recipe, this spicy pasta alla vodka gets a 10/10. The recipe is extremely easy to follow. All you have to do is make the sauce and boil some pasta. This was the first TikTok recipe I ever made, and I’ve made it every month since. It’s a hit every time. 

Spicy Tuna with Crispy Rice

Spicy tuna with crispy rice, inspired by Nobu’s dish, is surprisingly easy to make — as long as you can find sushi-grade tuna. The tuna mixture hits the perfect spice level and if you do it right, the rice has the best crispy texture. Make this dish, and you’ll feel like a professional in the kitchen. 

The Tortilla Hack 

The tortilla hack is one of my favorite TikTok food trends because it’s so versatile. You can use this simple hack to make anything from a homemade Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme to a healthy turkey wrap or a Nutella crepe. All you have to do is cut a line in a tortilla. It’s like magic.

Chipotle DIY Nachos 

I am a nacho fiend. I could probably eat them for every meal, so clearly a TikTok Chipotle Nacho hack excited me. For this hack, all you have to do is order your Chipotle bowl with a side of chips and queso. Put the ingredients together and you’ve made nachos! 

The Tik Tok Potatoes 

Kylie Jenner liked Jeremy Scheck’s TikTok potatoes, so obviously I liked them too. They always have the right amount of spice. Their crunchy outside yet soft inside make them the perfect accompaniment to any meal. 

Don't Even Try It: 

The Keto Bell Pepper-Cream Cheese Craze

There's a huge Keto craze on TikTok right now. In my opinion, the popular bell pepper and cream cheese combo is bland and flavorless. Aside from this recipe, I try to beware of anything keto if it requires loads of cheese or a Dash Mini Waffle Maker. 

Healthy Three-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

Recipes with minimal ingredients are great for getting inexperienced chefs into the kitchen. Unfortunately, these peanut butter cookies missed the mark with their odd texture and lack of flavor. The verdict: not good. 

The Feta Pasta 

This pasta is easy to make, but the entire block of feta cheese gave the dish a sour taste. Instead, I would suggest replacing the feta with different cheeses like ricotta. 

TikTok has motivated people who would usually never step foot in the kitchen like me to make fun and easy recipes. But next time you see a recipe on your "FYP," proceed with caution. Many are delicious, but not every TikTok recipe is a good one.