Spoon University Logo
2301 230102 KeepitZestyCookbook Salmon Brussells
Recipes

The Best & Easiest Way To Make Weeknight Salmon

The following excerpt and recipe for Everything Sumac Salmon is from Edy Massih’s cookbook “Keep It Zesty.” It’s available for purchase on Amazon.

This is the number one easy weeknight meal that I make at home when I want something fast. It’s simple but complex in flavor. The sumac adds a citrusy note, the everything seasoning adds a salty and nutty flavor, and the spicy tomato jam adds an amazing savory sweetness. Roasting salmon is almost impossible to mess up — just set a timer and enjoy a perfectly cooked fillet in minutes.

Everything Sumac Salmon

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 3 minutesCook time: 15 minutesTotal time: 18 minutesServings:5 servings

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and drizzle with the olive oil.
  2. Season the salmon fillets with the sumac and then the everything seasoning. Gently press to evenly distribute the spices on the fillets for a perfect crust. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through. Serve the salmon with tomato jam, if using.
Keywords:Dinner, Savoury
Giselle Medina is the associate editor for Spoon University where she helps oversee food coverage of news, pop culture, trends, and celebrities. As someone with a huge sweet tooth, she's always on the hunt for a good chocolate chip cookie. Shoot her an email at gisellemedina@hercampus.com or follow her @giselle_medinaa.