Can’t decide which is your favorite, cake or waffles? Well this waffled carrot cake is the recipe for you. It combines two classics, carrot cake and a Belgian waffle to create a sweet and fluffy that is sure to impress your friends at any brunch. Plus who can resist cream cheese frosting, especially for breakfast. This recipe will make you look like a pro in the kitchen and the best part is, its pretty simple (but no one needs to know that). So gather your ingredients, stir them up, and let the waffle iron do the rest for this waffled carrot cake.

Waffled Carrot Cake

• Prep Time:25 minutes
  • Cook Time:3 minutes
  • Total Time:28 minutes

• 4 oz cream cheese
  • 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
  • 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
  • 1 cup shredded carrots

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Frosting: Combine cream cheese and butter in mixer. Add in powdered sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and salt until creamy. Set aside.

Carrot cake: whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, ginger, and salt in a large bowl.

Whisk together the oil, milk, lemon zest, vanilla, and eggs in another bowl. Stir in coconut and carrots as well.

Fold the dry mixture into the carrot mixture.

Lightly grease waffle iron, pour batter in until the iron is about 3/4 full. Close iron for about 3 minutes or until waffle is golden brown.

Remove and cover in cream cheese frosting.